close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any member of the 3rd Marine Division Alumni in here?

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by Jack23, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

Feb 10, 2005
    Deer Park, Texas
    Not long ago I attended a concert by the President's Own Marine Corps Band. In the lobby of the Auditorium there was a booth set up and staffed my members of the old 3rd Marine Division. I spoke for a while with them and it was great.

I was a navy corpsman and served with the third Marine Division on Okinawa from about 4/63 till 5/64. They were a good bunch of boys and I'll never forget them or that part of my life.

I later went on to serve with the 1st Mar Div for a tour at Camp Pendleton and eventually with the 5th Marines in Chu Lai Vietnam. But the boys in the old 3rd Mar Div stand out in my memory above all the rest.

Anyone?

2. jamgusmc

jamgusmc

Apr 1, 2002
    3rd MarDiv III MEF Oki, camp courtney, Nov 89- July 90

3. Trent0341

Trent0341

Feb 11, 2000
    3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Division 97-01. (2 seven month tours in oki, Camp Hansen)

Thank you for you service sir. And just for the record the "boys in the old third mar div" are still the best.