close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any lefties with a Comp-tac Minotaur and Crimson Trace?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by wwdkd, Oct 10, 2012.

1. wwdkd

wwdkd

Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have been desperately trying to find out if the Comp-tac Minotaur IWB holsters are compatible with left handed crimson trace grips. I have a CZ 75 P-01 with crimson trace grips which have the laser diode housing on the right side of the gun. It looks like this might interfere with proper drawing and holstering but I haven't been able to find out for sure anywhere. I even emailed comp-tac but they gave me the generic answer "It should work but without having the specific gun and grips there is no way of knowing for sure" so please are there any lefty crimson trace owners out there with first hand experience with the
    Minotaur holster please speak up.. And pictures are also greatly appreciated.

2. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    There is no way that it can work properly in the MTAC, because there is no space - no tunnel - for the laser module to travel. If you wore it for a while, the leather would mould around it, and when you went to draw the leather would be moulded around it. A CTAC might work, if Comp-Tac made it specifically to fit the Crimson Trace grips.

For IWB carry, one of the Lasermax products might suit a left-handed person better.

3. glockfan2327

glockfan2327

Apr 26, 2010
    CT is not very lefty friendly , the should make a laser sight for left hand shooter :dunno: