close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any lcp fans?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Kustom_efekt, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Kustom_efekt

Kustom_efekt

Nov 26, 2011
    I just picked up an lcp w/ laser the other day for deep cover cc. Any others on here have one? Any mods worth considering?

2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I carry my LCP w/CT laser, loaded with 90gr Gold Dots, in a Nemesis pocket holster all the time. Great setup. :thumbsup: BTW, I dry fire practice alot with it and the trigger doesn't bother me a bit.

3. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Aug 23, 2009
    SE WA
    I polished my barrel up really nice. Pictures don't really do it justice though.

Also painted the visible tip of the hammer white to help with visually identifying the breaking point for the trigger. Made it really easy to pull nearly all the slack out take-up.

Sold it and moved on though. Wife didn't like it. Never really carried it much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

Oct 30, 2011
    Oklahoma, USA
    I've had an LCP now for about 5 months and love it. Perfect for off duty carry in warmer weather (shorts/T-shirt attire), and makes a good BUG.

Have you fires yours yet? She's pretty snappy.

"We would never learn how to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world" - Hellen Keller

5. Italian 9x21

Italian 9x21 Italian 9X21

Feb 2, 2012
    the land of sun
    Great summer carry, great bug realiable....but little snappy!
    I love my LCP!

6. Narkcop

Narkcop

Jan 12, 2003
    Kentucky
    I shot 50 rounds thru my LCP yesterday and had 1 failure to eject which was unusual. I actually prefer my S&W Bodyguard which has NEVER ftf or fte.

7. RUT

RUT

Jan 30, 2002
    New Hampshire, USA
    Well, I have one, but consider it my last last resort gun.

8. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    I've had a P3AT for a few years and it's a reliable deep CC pistol. It is what it is, and certainly not a range toy. Recoil is snappy on the P3AT and the LCP, and the triggers are terrible. It has it's place tough. Not sure I get putting a laser on what is basically a short range point and shoot pistol. To each there own I suppose. Congrats on your purchase.

9. I think it is a great gun. Sights are a bit non-existant, but I just aim down the top of the slide.

Honestly, for such a small, thin, and lightweight gun, what more do you want from it?

[​IMG]

10. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas
    :rofl::rofl: I thought this thread read "ICP fans"

I only clicked it to see what sort of ribbing the OP was going to receive. Little did I know, it was Lcp :rofl:

11. I regret trading in my LCP for an LC9. It's just so easy to conceal in a pocket, and accurate as well. Despite the lack of good sights, I was once able to get a 1.5 inch group out of mine.

12. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Jan 12, 2010
    Southern New England
    Same here, I thought he posted in the wrong forum.

13. Shot mine at the range today. 2 mags of hollow points and 24 rounds of FMJ with no failures. I've lost count but at least 400 rounds now with out a problem. Biggest problem is I forget it's in my pocket.

14. NDCent

NDCent Socially Inept

Mar 19, 2010
    Ozarks
    I have one with a LaserMax and think it's great. I like the option of not using the laser on the LM. I use a remora for in pocket which also doubles for IWB if needed. Never would have thought I would carry a .380, even on occasion, but it's so easy to carry when nothing else seems to fit. It's better than throwing rocks, unless they're really big rocks. :)

15. Kustom_efekt

Kustom_efekt

Nov 26, 2011
    Not yet--but I'm planning on it either tomorrow or Saturday morning.

I bought it for the same reason everyone else-- to have something to pocket carry where my g27 is not reasonably done so.

16. RetailNinjitsu

RetailNinjitsu

Jun 1, 2007
    I pre-ordered mine when Ruger first announced the gun. It was one of the first LCPs off the line. It has been used and abused and has functioned %100. It lives in my Fist pocket holster and is in my pocket anytime I am out of bed.

17. Reb 56

Reb 56

Mar 12, 2007
    South Texas
    Love my LCP small,light & reliable can carry it anywhere undetected.
    I ran 100 rnds of fmj throught it than ran a box of every type of jhp thru it, no malfunctions with any type of ammo.

18. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

Jan 26, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I've had my LCP for about a year. It "fits" my carry scheme on those occasions where a larger weapon would be difficult to conceal.

I don't care for the laser option. The only thing I've added is a Hogue slip-on rubber grip.

It works well with the small Blackhawk #1 holster in my front pocket. It's a little before 5am here, and it's in my pocket as I'm having coffee in my back yard. (I'm always armed...even at home.)

My three carry guns are: LCP, LC9 and G19.

19. Kustom_efekt

Kustom_efekt

Nov 26, 2011
    Just an update--finally ran 100 rounds of magtech fmj & 20 rounds of hydrashoks with zero issues

20. Uncle Pat

Uncle Pat

Apr 21, 2012
    Central KY
    The only mod I did to mine was a short Pearce grip extension. Mostly for comfort, but it also helps with more efficient retrieval from a pocket holster.