close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any Ideas Why My Cat...

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by FriarTuck, Feb 15, 2013.

1. FriarTuck

FriarTuck

Dec 3, 2012
    ...sticks her paw in the water dish sometimes? She'll flip a little water out onto the floor doing this. Both she and the dog share the water dish.

2. I have a cat that does that. Only thing I can think of is she is trying to figure out at what level the water is in the bowl since it varies from time to time.

3. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Nov 18, 2003
    Houston
    This. Especially if the light may be such that she cannot tell. We have a fountain for our cats, and since the level is always the same, neither have ever done this.

They are quite fastidious.

4. OhioGlock90

OhioGlock90

Sep 1, 2011
    Columbus Ohio
    My lab puppy would dig in her water. When we went to the dog park she would go around and flip all the water bowls then play with the other dogs. I don't know why she did it but she eventually stopped

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

Nov 1, 2000
    Cats are color blind and have difficulty seeing water, they stick their paw in to check if there is water, mine do it all the time

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    My kitten loves to play in the water dish. Both of my older cats dip their paws in the water before drinking. I'm not sure why they do this but it's cute to watch.

:supergrin:

7. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Utah
    Our oldest cat Gunny plays in the water all the time. I think he just likes to watch it move.

We used to have their water bowl next to the fridge which was across from the stairs to the bedroom. He used to run down the stairs and then slide across the kitchen floor until he'd run into the water bowl spilling water everywhere.

He always looked quite pleased with himself after these little adventures. :rofl: