close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any idea what this upper is worth?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Cole125, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    Quick question guys,

I've got a Rock River Arms 20 inch Varmint stainless bull barrel upper with about 200 rounds through it I am thinking about selling. Paid $600 for it new a year ago.

Any idea of what it would be worth now?

[​IMG]

2. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    But, if you take a chance and wait until after November 6th, it could be worth much more.:supergrin:

3. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    There is an idea. Nothing at all wrong with the upper, just bought it for a SPR type build, and I want to upgrade to a Noveske Rouge Hunter or LaRue Stealth upper that will be just as accurate at half the weight.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  4. This,

All the cool kids want 16" uppers, so selling a 20" upper is a bit tougher.

If the barrel is too heavy you could send it to adco to be turned down. That would be cheaper than selling it and buying a larue.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  5. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    True, and that's a idea. I'll look into getting the barrel turned down, thanks. Another cost effective thing I could do is replace the barrel with a Noveske Rouge Hunter or similar match grade lighter profile barrel...

6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    A lot of the weight also comes from that heavy-assed aluminum tube handguard, too. My dad has one of those uppers, and it is definitely a pig.

7. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    Yeah with a Burris 4-14 scope w/PERP mount, Harris Bi-pod the damn rifle is a boat anchor. It does shoot sub MOA with cheap 55gr ammo, half MOA with match ammo.

Pretty much I want a long range AR, SPR, DMR, whatever you want to call it that weighs under 9 LBS.

8. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio

A coworker of mine put together his first AR last year. He decided to go with a 20” Bull Barrel. I asked him if he planned on Varmint hunting or doing some long distance shooting. He said no, he thought it just looked cool.

I asked him not long ago, how he likes it. He said it was too heavy and he doesn’t shoot it much. I told him he should sell it and buy a lighter upper. That way he will find excuses to go shooting instead of why not to go shooting. :faint:

9. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    It has nothing to do w/ cool. There really isn't much use for that type of upper.