close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any hope of new owner/operator of Davi's?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by NewGlocker28, May 9, 2011.

1. NewGlocker28

NewGlocker28
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure someone here is in the know. Any hope of the Davi's store being reopened either as Davi's or under a new name with a new owner with the public range open again? Would be great for those of us in Northern Wake County to shoot. Davi's prices seemed a little higher than other stores around here as well.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Eagle22

Eagle22
    Expand Collapse

Would be nice to have another range. I go to Eagle 1 off New Market drive, or down to PDSC on Tryon

3. NewGlocker28

NewGlocker28
    Expand Collapse

I usually head down to PDSC as well but Eagle 1 is actually closer. I happened to pop in there the other day just to do some 1911 window shopping. While I was there one of the employees was nice enough to let me pop into the range just to see what the set up was. I need to go ahead and get my range card with them and just start going there with gas prices being the way they are!

4. ncglock19

ncglock19
    Expand Collapse

5. Kriterian

Kriterian
    Expand Collapse

I just joined up at the one listed as Holly Springs, (it's on Old Holly Springs Rd but is actually in Apex) and it is nice! Two hour safety/orientation class and 15$ (for Wake County residents) to join and then it's only $10 an hour. Plus you get five $2.00 off coupons with your membership.

They've got three 9 or 10 bay ranges at 50 yards, one of which is exclusively for law enforcement use, and another rifle/shotgun only range that's 100 yards. You can use your own targets (as long as they're paper), or they sell them for a quarter. They rent everything else you could want, bench rests, chronographs, eyes, ears etc.

The only slight negative is the public hours. Tue, Thur, Friday from 6 - 9pm and Sat 12-6 and Sun 1-6.

6. Eagle22

Eagle22
    Expand Collapse

I tend to go shoot around lunch time. between 1 and 2

7. toshbar

toshbar
    Expand Collapse
    Timber Baron

I just took my personal protection outside the home course at the wake county range. We got to use the far left LE bay and used their barricades to shoot from behind. I really wanted to take the sheriff golf cart for a spin.