close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any holster recommendations for Gen 4 G26?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by JWRomick-01, Feb 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JWRomick-01

JWRomick-01

Feb 20, 2012
    New to the forum but not to Glocks. My income tax refund should be coming in next week and I'll be picking up a Gen 4 G26. Does anyone carry this model on a regular basis? And if so, what type holster do you use?

I'm looking for a couple of options. Do those "tuckable" holsters actually allow you tuck your shirt over the holster and pistol, and does the shirt stay tucked?

I've also seen those under-the-shirt deep concealment holsters online. My question on those is, how easy is it to draw from under the shirt?

Any help/advise would be welcomed. Thanks.

2. jmor

jmor

Feb 24, 2012
    right now I have my gen 3 g26 in a Blackhawk hip holster while I am waiting on a MIC holster and an IWB small of the back holster. the Blackhawk works well but it's not the most concealed holster I've had. The Mic holster is something that intrigues me, and the SOB is where I've carried the most.

3. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Mar 9, 2009
    Vermont
    I never attempt to tuck a shirt over my firearm...just feels goofy and impossible to draw quickly...
    But!!!
    I do use a tuckable holster:
    [​IMG]

and a not-so-tuckable...but ultra-thin.
    This is from Fist, Inc. and is IWB for G26/27
    [​IMG]

4. I'm in relatively the same boat you are. G26 or G27 on the horizon and I've been doing my research about IWB holsters. So far I have hear the most positive comments about the Crossbreed Supertuck (often abbreviated CBST around here), Comp-tac MTAC, and WhiteHat Holsters, and Remora. Let us know what you decided!

5. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Jan 12, 2012
    Yep, I use a tuck-able holster. Crossbreed Supertuck. 15-16 hrs a day don't even know its there.

[​IMG]

Kydex does not deform when empty
    [​IMG]

Edit: to tuck a shirt over the holster the shirt goes between the holster clips and leather also over the kydex and weapon.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  6. Kustom_efekt

Kustom_efekt

Nov 26, 2011
    I'll also recommend the supertuck. The king tuck iwb holsters as well as theis holsters are all excellent quality and wear very comfortable & easy.

If your shirt is more than 4" below your waist line than any of these holsters will allow for complete concealment.

7. Mattyd

Mattyd

Jan 29, 2010
    I have three that I use consistently.
    I would start with a White Hat or CBST. I have both and prefer the White Hat. Comfortable and you can run tucked or untucketed. Get it fit a Glock 19 so it will fit the 26 as well. Gives you options with different guns and not have to duplicate holsters.
    Next would be a Comptac Infidel. Fast on and and fast off for the days you are going places you can't carry. Good and safe. I can wear mine with gym shorts or running pants with elastic/drawnstring closure. Get the Slide Model as can go with the 19 or 26.
    Last...always save the best for last..Milt Sparks Summer Special II. So comfortable. Again I would consider getting to fit a 19 and it will also fit a 26.

8. I use the CBST everyday with my 26 or 19. Very comfortable.

9. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    I use a king tuk IWB. Tue when I get off work I'm going to pick up at Galco Ankle Glove, for certain occasions, as it seems like everyone who uses it likes it.

10. Badger54

Badger54 CLM

Dec 16, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I use a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit as my primary way to carry by Glock 27 I love it. I actually got it from the guy that sold me the gun as he had no use for it. But its the best sub compact holster I have.

11. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

Dec 26, 2011
    Best affordable holster for any Glock! But it's not tuckable like the OP wanted.

12. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

Feb 19, 2009
    Com-Tac Minataur for me.
    But, you might check in to using a pocket holster too.

13. [quote="Cold Dead Hands" !;18637731]Com-Tac Minataur for me.
    But, you might check in to using a pocket holster too.[/quote]

I'm sure there are people who do it but the 26 by all accounts is too big for pocket carry.

14. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    This may be a little different answer. The Smart Carry holster:(http://www.smartcarry.com/products.html
    is a deep concealment holster. I use mine with elastic waistband pants (of all kinds) and T-shirts. I like it.

The owner / maker of the product shows carrying a 1911 with his shirt tucked in. I don't know how he does it but there's pictures on the site.

I also have a Remora that I just got yesterday and am still playing with it. It has the extra mag pocket and this is my G26 which I use in both holsters: [​IMG]

15. hioctane33

hioctane33

Feb 26, 2012
  16. DiVega

DiVega

Nov 29, 2011
    Use a Galco V-Hawk. Gives you IWB loops for belt as well as user installable j-hooks for tuckable option. Love the quality and look.

17. dustbusterplus

dustbusterplus

Oct 27, 2010
    West Texas
    I am a college student, so unfortunately I can't carry all of the time. But when I can carry it is a Glock 27 in an X-Concealment "M" Holster, similar to the Raven Concealment modular kydex pancake holsters. I use Atomic Dog Holsters Tuckable IWB Soft Loops on it. I don't ever tuck my shirt in either but I love the way the holster sits and conceals under a t-shirt.

18. TJS

TJS

Mar 29, 2003
    Sweet Tea Country!
    Have you tried the VersaCarry? http://www.versacarry.com/
    I got the Gen 2 model and it works! Secure and very fast on the draw!
    This company has great CS as well!