close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any highway patrolman from oklahoma here?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by arushus, Aug 30, 2011.

1. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    I have questions about what is and isnt legal in regards to traveling with my handgun. I dont have a concealed carry permit, yet. With that in mind, how should I transport my pistol? I like to at least have it in my vehicle since I cant legally carry it on me yet, even though bad guys do and could care less about the law...so, should I leave it in the glove box? With the mag in? or out? I never drive with one in the pipe...Should I separate the mag from the gun by putting one in the trunk and one in the front seat? Im under the impression that if I put the gun in the glovebox, or anywhere that it is hidden then it is considered concealed and is illegal...Ive read all the state laws regarding firearms, and I ended up more confused than when I started. Is open carry legal? The laws Ive read say no, but a local cop said it was...he completely confused me! PLEASE HELP!!! I know lots of gun owners who are just as confused as I am about this and some advice from somebody who ACTUALLY knows what the law is would be VERY HELPFUL AND VERY APPRECIATED!!! Thanks a ton!

2. VA27

VA27

Mar 23, 2002
    usa
    Oklahoma Statutes Title 21-1289.7 is what to read.