close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any Glock apps that aren't overly nosy?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by ldb, Aug 24, 2014.

1. ldb

ldb NRA Life Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Friendswood TX
    I did a search on my phone for Glock and found an app by Glockmeister to build your custom dream Glock. Cool!, I thought. Then I saw the permissions.

Device app and history. Browsing history and bookmarks? Why does it need to view that?

Photos, media and files.. including audio and video and external storage. Why?

Device ID and call history.. including remote numbers connected by a call. How does my call history have anything to do with designing a Glock?

Needless to say, I didn't install the app. My opinion of Glockmeister has dropped a notch as well.

2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    I have found that all apps are too nosy. It's just that some are neat enough to tolerate.

People write these things for a purpose. It is not done for the greater glory of helping your fellow man. Be paranoid, you're not often wrong.

3. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Aug 1, 2001
    Wythe County, VA
    Do these folks give away this app for free?

FREE?

They want nothing?

Take a look at Google on your computer. They take over!

:shocked:

4. myg30

myg30

Jul 6, 2007
    Nash,TN.
    If you have a smart phone your already screwed. Everything is stored all over. The cloud, google,bump, all the apps. Then your contacts, their emails, phone numbers etc...

Seems it's to late !!

Mike