Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Any georgia FFL holders on here?

Discussion in 'The Georgia Club' started by southGA, Aug 27, 2008.

1. I have a chance to buy a nice Ruger m77 .308 rifle. I know the guy who is selling it, but not very well. I've probably met the guy 4 or 5 times. We got to talkin the other day when we passed each other in wally world. Started off talkin about huntin season comin up. Next thing I know he asks if I'd be interested in rifle mentioned above. Nothing strange except the price. $200 dollars. In my mind it seems to good to be true. I've already taken a look at it and it is in great condition. My question is, since I don't know this guy real well, and it seems a little too good on the price, how can I be sure it is not stolen? Can a local dealer run the numbers for me? Can I call the local cops and have them run it? What do you guys do when someone tries to pawn/sell you a firearm? Thanks for the help in advance.
  2. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

Mar 21, 2008
    Kennesaw, GA
    Since you have gotten no replies, and this is probably generic enough a question, you might want to post this in General Non-Glock. You will probably get more answers than you want. :whistling:

This is also probably the same answer for all states.

Good luck!

3. Adam5

Sep 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    You can take the gun to any law enforcement agency and they will run the serial number to see if it was reported as stolen. A bit of warning though, if it comes back as stolen, they will confiscate it on the spot.
  4. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
    and put you in jail for the stolen gun :whistling:
  5. spotco2

Sep 11, 2005
    Not usually, but they will want to know where you got it.

Just get the guys name and contact info on a bill of sale and you should be good to go.