close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any experience with Winchester brass?

Discussion in '10mm Reloading Forum' started by 21Carrier, Apr 29, 2011.

1. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    I've been waiting to get some Starline brass (backordered) and I'm running out of useable brass. I just saw a shop near me has a bunch of Winchester brass so I'm gonna go buy 500 I think. Is there any reason that everyone uses Starline besides price? Has anyone had any bad experiences with Win brass? I've always liked it in .45ACP.

2. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    I have used Winchester and reused them many times as fired from my S&W 1006 and Glock 29...no complaints! Some have been convertered to 9x25Dillon and still going!

I find New Winchester brass primer pockets on the tight side for the CCI primers but work great with the Winchester & Federal primers.

3. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    The brass is fine. However for whatever reason, I do not get as long of life from Winchester because it shrinks to short much quicker than other makes. I probably get five reloads at the most before it "grows" too short. I really like their rifle brass though.