Any experience with Winchester brass?

Discussion in '10mm Reloading Forum' started by 21Carrier, Apr 29, 2011.

1. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

I've been waiting to get some Starline brass (backordered) and I'm running out of useable brass. I just saw a shop near me has a bunch of Winchester brass so I'm gonna go buy 500 I think. Is there any reason that everyone uses Starline besides price? Has anyone had any bad experiences with Win brass? I've always liked it in .45ACP.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Does anybody have any experience with the new Winchester SXP Defender? Tactical Shotguns Aug 17, 2010
    Sometimes one has to experience a truism in order to appreciate it. The Okie Corral Tuesday at 2:31 AM
    XDS experience General Firearms Forum Saturday at 7:13 PM
    My Diamondback DB9 Experience. General Firearms Forum Jul 18, 2015
    Experience with Ramshot Zip or Accurate #2 Reloading Jul 9, 2015

3. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

I have used Winchester and reused them many times as fired from my S&W 1006 and Glock 29...no complaints! Some have been convertered to 9x25Dillon and still going!

I find New Winchester brass primer pockets on the tight side for the CCI primers but work great with the Winchester & Federal primers.

4. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

The brass is fine. However for whatever reason, I do not get as long of life from Winchester because it shrinks to short much quicker than other makes. I probably get five reloads at the most before it "grows" too short. I really like their rifle brass though.