Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Any Corvette Z06 Owners on this Forum

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by ryucasta, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

Just picked up a 2007 Corvette Z06 this car is one of the most impressive cars I have owned over the years. From a raw power/cost standpoint nothing thats out on the market today comes near it. I'll post some pictures of it later today.
  2. Ron3

Sep 6, 2001
    Great cars, great value!

I'd love to have one, but I have a mortgage to pay!

Even the "standard" Corvette is a nice deal, in my opinion.

3. ryucasta

mind me asking what you paid?i hear dealers are marking them up about 10 G'S or so,unsure if it's true though
  4. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

I paid under MSRP ($79,000.00+) for it. Its basically the Corvette Z06 in Black with the LZ2 package and all the extras that can be ordered for the car. It took me about two days to find it using the inventory check feature on the Chevrolet website since none of the web pricing services like Yahoo and Edmunds worked out. Regarding the pictures found the camera now trying to locate the docking station...
  5. OUSooner

Jan 22, 2004
    How does that compare to the Viper performance and cost wise?
  6. BManoftheyear

Feb 26, 2006
    sorry but i feel that is a waste of money for the price you pay the horsepower you get is pennies on the dollar.
    I understand the thing will do 200mph but what is the total horsepower?
    With that much money you can buy a toyota supra in the 90's twin turbo the **** out of it and hit over 1,000 horsepower for cheaper then your vette.
    I'm not knocking you thats what you wanted and it surely is a damn nice car but if it was me i would of went with a supra.
    My friend has a 87 supra pushing 800 horsepower and does 240mph
  7. StockGlock23

StockGlock23 Hilarious!

Aug 10, 2004
    Bremen, IN
    While the Supra might be a situation of better bang for the buck I would go with the Vette everyday and twice on Sunday. There is a lot to be said for having a brand spanking new car. Not to mention a warranty. I love Vettes and I hope to buy one someday but I have a new mortgage I am working on, student loans, excuse, excuse, and excuse. It will be a great deal of time till I am in a Vette.
  8. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

Mar 14, 2006
    Breaking the law in CT

kids. . .:upeyes:
  9. Thegungal

Aug 30, 2007
    San Antonio
    Just remember, nothing is a waste of money if it is your choice. Dont go through life judging other peoples freedoms. That is what you are doing.

Also, look what you have done...You have knocked something you dont have and bragged about something you dont have. That is not a good road to go down.

I know it is not important to everyone but at the and of the day would you rather pull up somewhere in a new ZO6 or an old Supra? You have an opinion on both and you dont have the option of either.

BTW, Ryucasta...Congrats on your new ride!
  10. BManoftheyear

Feb 26, 2006
    you obviously didn't pay attention to my post.I am not a kid by the way.
    I complimented the guy on his new ride.I know i'd never be able to afford one they are damn nice cars but i feel for that kind of money you can get alot more performance from a vehicle.
    The only reason i brought up the supra is I was in by friends supra and it smoked a vette.
    The vettes are really nice looking cars
    Congrats on your new ride!
  11. Thegungal

Aug 30, 2007
    San Antonio
    Some people dream, some poeple have. Some (most) people dream of a comprimise...aim higher.

Your friends Supra will outrun a new Ferrari 430, which one do you want to go to your 20th High School reunion in? (I say this to point out there are many reasons people make the choices they do)
  12. JMag

Feb 7, 2001
    USA:Love it or leave!
    Nice as they are (while new anyway) I just can't get past that bowtie, around these parts they are about as common as a Camry or Accord.

13. method

Mar 27, 2002
    Cleveland, OH
    Ain't no way an '87 Supra's hitting 240mph.
  14. ChessMan

ChessMan BRUT 4CE Millennium Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vette=American V8 horsepower

Nothing sounds like a big American V8 with a lopey cam, exhaling through headers and dual exhausts. Nothing. Some people just don't get it. Their loss.

Check out my avatar. 1967 Vette with original 427/435 big block, tricarbs and solid lifters. There's always been something special about Vettes. If you don't like Vettes, well that's un-American.

Awesome choice ryucasta. Congrats and enjoy it. I'll be getting one as soon as I get my daughter through college! (priorities)
  15. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

Aug 28, 1999
    You can always make any car faster, but the style won't be there.
  16. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Congrats! How many open Glocks did you have to sell? ;)
  17. My buddy smoked a Supra with his supercharged 10 year old Mustang. As you would say, its a "waste of money" to get a Supra when you can build a faster Mustang for half the price.

18. itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    Growing up before the marriage thing and all I had REALLY fast cars.

I always said you're never the fastest. Someone somewhere has one faster in the garage.
  19. MofoG23

Sep 19, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA

Its a freakin Dyno queen... big deal.

There is more than HP and 1/4 numbers when talking about performance! Take your buddy's dyno queen to a track vs a new Z06... then you'll understand.

To the original poster - nice ride! I've told my wife which body parts I would give up for a new black on black Z06. :supergrin: That has to be one of the meanest looking cars on the road right now...