close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any AFROTC people members here?

Discussion in 'The US Air Force Forum' started by Jer, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just curious because I'm considering it. I have a few questions and am wondering if there's some members here who can speak to this and help field my questions. Thanks!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. EH3

EH3
    Expand Collapse

I graduated from school a couple years ago and did afrotc, what questions do you have?

3. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Actually, I have back burnered all the questions I had since it appears as though I may be too old. What I'm reading states that you have to be commissioned before you turn 35 and I just turned 32 so I may have missed out by a matter of months. Ugh. Story of my life. Guess I'll call a recruiter to get the answer straight from the horse's mouth but sounds like it's not going to be what I want to hear.

4. b52ace

b52ace
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Patron

Have you just started college? Are you currently in school? Do you already have a degree? More info would be helpful.

5. Glock.23

Glock.23
    Expand Collapse

I wouldnt back out just yet there are always "waivers" unless the afi specifically states "unwaiverable".

6. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I talked to a recruiter finally and he cleared it up for me for the most part. He said you needed to be commissioned by 30 w/waivers to 35 but since I haven't even enrolled there's really no way for me to be commissioned by 35 so no dice. He hasn't replied to any follow up questions so I would guess if it was possible he would be getting back to me.