close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

anti-nuclear protestors

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Horror, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    Thousands of anti-nuclear protestors were awaiting the arrival of a train carrying radioactive nuclear waste from France to its destination in northern Germany Saturday.

So far, a number of largely peaceful protests have slightly slowed the progress of the train since it left Normandy in France on Wednesday. Activists blocked the train tracks at the town of Neunkirchen Friday afternoon where the train stopped for five hours to change engines and television pictures showed activists removing ballast stones from under the tracks in a bid to slow the train's progress.

There were isolated outbreaks of violence on Thursday and Friday in Metzingen, near Gorleben, where 10 masked people attacked police with bricks and smoke bombs but managed to escape arrest, said an AFP news agency photographer at the scene. Police said unknown assailants had set fire to two patrol cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. It's amazing how quickly a year goes by. We had this topic a year ago. It seems to me this year the Polizei have better safety equipment.

I have that polizei patch with the crown and 3 lions.

3. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    yes, the last transport was 9th of November 2010 :supergrin:

Polizei: Baden-Württemberg

4. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1999
    Minnesota
    [QUOTE .............. ...................

So far, a number of largely peaceful protests have slightly slowed the progress of the train since it left Normandy in France on Wednesday. Activists blocked the train tracks at the town of Neunkirchen Friday afternoon where the train stopped for five hours to change engines and television pictures showed activists removing ballast stones from under the tracks in a bid to slow the train's progress.

There were isolated outbreaks of violence on Thursday and Friday in Metzingen, near Gorleben, where 10 masked people attacked police with bricks and smoke bombs but managed to escape arrest, said an AFP news agency photographer at the scene. Police said unknown assailants had set fire to two patrol cars.
    [/QUOTE]

It does NOT sound like. largely peaceful protests It really sounds like STUPID FOLKS. Lets see. You are upset that radioactive waste is going THRU your area... So you attempt to derail the train. (I realize containment is good enough so danger is slim but really)
    IMO much more then tear gas, mace is needed.

5. jdh31313

jdh31313

Dec 31, 2006
    S.E. Georgia
    ...And no visible name tapes or other identifying information:whistling:

6. Pepper45

Pepper45

Jun 15, 2006
    You know, if I were planning on being a worthless POS and I had to pick a police agency anywhere in the world to screw with, the German Polizei would not even be in the top hundred. Y'all don't play.

7. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Some people always get a little nutty when it comes to radioactive stuff. So, let's slow the train down, try to derail, and maybe cause damage to the train. Makes sense to me.:whistling:

Yeah the protesters need a little loving care. Starting on the back side with a truncheon.

8. Did the protestors jack the tracks as seen in the photo?

9. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    yes sir

10. Chico Bill

Chico Bill Millennium Member

Nov 10, 1999
    LA area, CA,USA
    Funny...That looks more to me like terrorism than protesting.

11. I'm enjoying the liberal dosing of OC.

There's a Chancellor at UC-Davis having horrible flashbacks