close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anti-gay rant from pastor Whorley and one of his brilliant supporters

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Gunhaver, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

The last 15 seconds are so telling. I don't get upset about guys kissing because I don't think about it. It doesn't weigh on my mind to the point that it bugs the hell out of me every minute of every day. I prefer to think about women.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2n7vSPwhSU&feature=related"]Local Pastor Calls For Death of 'Queers & Homosexuals' - YouTube[/ame]

And support from one of his staunch followers who just doesn't understand why everyone doesn't understand her point.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUXDKnL4xGE&feature=player_embedded"]Bigoted Church Member Defends Pastor Worley - YouTube[/ame]

2. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Leave it to the religious to do more harm and make greater fools of themselves than anyone else ever could.

3. SIGlock

SIGlock Millennium Member

Just to remind you that they do more than just kissing. You know what I mean? Don't try to make them look too innocent.:supergrin:

The real issue here is: Your moral standard is obviously not the same as the one given in the Bible. So, it's not about what you don't or do think constantly....that gives rise to the problem. Let's be fair now....you are not the only one to think about women all the time. Many of us men do. And probably more than you!!! But our moral standards are not the same as yours. That's the real issue.:whistling:

4. SIGlock

SIGlock Millennium Member

Why are all the "religious" always have to be....from christanity? I can read you mind.

Other religions in the world (hindu, muslim, buddism, etc.).....are fine. I guess. Not much criticism from the media that I know of. Think about it

5. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

We've been over all this before. 1st, pointing out the faults of others when confronted is the poorest defense. Why resort to diversionary tactics? 2nd, when Muslims or Hindus are the predominant religion in this country causing most of the problems we'll shift attention to them.

6. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Yeah, I don't think about anything gay people do. I'm just not that obsessed with it. That's my whole point. You don't see people railing against shellfish or mixed fiber clothing because nobody thinks constantly about those things while feeling tremendous guilt for it.
    My moral standard is that it's none of my business what two grown ass adults do between themselves. That's not the same as other's moral standard that they can use ancient text or conjure up fake reasons to control someone's behavior. That's the real issue.

7. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Absolutely true, Gunhaver probably opposes slavery, including selling one's daughter and I dare say he doesn't think the victim of rape shouldn't be punished along with the perpetrator. I don't know how he feels about paying a father 30 pieces of silver and taking his daughter as a wife after raping her, maybe he can comment on that one for us.

8. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

The real issue is mentally disturbed atheists who have no life other than to criticize good people for their beliefs on an internet forum.
    There is help out there in the form of psychotropic drugs and counciling.
    This country has done very well living by the Christian ethic for the past 236 years. Don't like it? Leave.
    I know a lot of atheists, some are friends, who don't give a rat's ass what people believe. They have more important issues in life.
    Miserable lives you folks must have.

9. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

So it wouldn't bother you if your son or daughter came up to you and told you they were gay?

Or were maybe thinking about trying it?

10. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

I honestly wouldn't care. Can you imagine that?!
    No real problems with it at all. Totally up to them.

My only real concern would be the harassment they would have to endure from people that couldn't wrap their tiny brains around the fact that my theoretical son or daughter's sexuality is none of their business. But hey, they might have to take crap from some other idiot for some other idiot reason. Nobody's fault but the idiots, you know?

11. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

I find all that stuff pretty disgusting but I try to keep in mind that those people (not god) wrote that garbage because they were simpleton sheepherders and that was just the way they lived in a primitive society. Rape marriage, daughter slavery, homosexual lynching, superstitious breaking of dishes, food prohibitions, this is the middle east we're talking about. The area has been rife with the willfully ignorant since the dawn of man.

What really gets me is the people that actually defend that stuff in this day and age. What's their excuse? They grew up in a modern society and resent it while constantly making excuses for the actions of primitive cretins that they all wish we could be more like and they bemoan every progressive step away from their primitive dream world as the downfall of man. F--- 'em.

12. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

You know what I found funny, regarding his "can't reproduce comment"....they can't reproduce because they are all CHICKS OR DUDES dumbass! nothing to do with Gay or straight. FFS.

13. void *

void * Dereference Me!

The man suggested taking a bunch of people and depriving them of their liberty by putting them inside an area enclosed by an electrified fence, and forcing them to live in that area until they die.

That is 'good people' to you?

14. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Not from the media but from me for sure. Religious doesn't mean Christian it means religious. Other religions have folks that say and do things to make themselves look bad. Where ever you bought your mind powers from you should ask for a refund.

15. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

And that they would eventually die out because of it?!?! Where does he think they come from now?!?! Not the sharpest crayon we've got here.

16. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Edit and correction: It was actually BruceV that demonstrated the early signs of psychopathic behavior in saying that it was ok to kill pets at the owner's whim. I had misremembered the exchange an accidentally attributed it to Blast.

My apologies Blast.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  17. fowl intent

fowl intent

I would never have believed it if I hadn't read it myself. There are people in this world ( and apparantly on GT) that believe that if you don't believe in their god, you are mentally disturbed. This simply underscores the fact that you cannot have a rational, educated, reasoned discussion with someone who is not rational, educated or reasonable. Then again, maybe there are some psychotropic drugs that will make me believe in mythology. If so, I prefer the Olympus model. If one god is good, then multiple gods must be better.

18. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Eh it works both ways. Depending on how one believes in a God and to what degree it effects their acceptance of scientific reality, I think they are mentally disturbed.

As for one good, more better it's like Tylenol. If two works, 4 will work better. Hell that's the American way. :whistling:

19. muscogee

muscogee

According to Jesus, lusting is the same as committing adultery. That makes you as sinful as gay people.

20. fowl intent

fowl intent

There seems to be an inverse relationship between intelligence and religious intolerance. I would hazard a guess that this "preacher" had stepped out of line to smoke a cigarette when god was handing out the brains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.