close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anti-freeze smell in car ??

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by LaserMax30, Nov 23, 2005.

1. LaserMax30

LaserMax30 Guest

Every now and then ( every 5 days or so) I get a good whiff of anti-freeze inside the car,is this my heatercore going kaput on me ???

No leaks or other signs of problems just that smell every so often ??

2. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

Dec 19, 2000
    Your heater core could have a small leak that rusts up on itself and causes a temporary stoppage in the leak. . .

3. RepairMan

RepairMan MSgt

Jan 31, 2005
    Vegas
    It's probably your heater core, but it wouldn't hurt to do a good inspection under the hood for a leak.

With the change in temperatures rubber hoses shrink and sometimes devolop leaks.

4. LaserMax30

LaserMax30 Guest

I have checked and rechecked under the hood and everything looks good and tight no leaks as I had a waterpump installed a couple months ago and had it all checked then,except for the heatercore.. ;g

Thanks for the suggestions..;c

Ya'all have a nice thanksgiving..;)

5. GLOCK22SHOOTER

GLOCK22SHOOTER NOT A VICTIM

I would go get a preasure test done on the whole system to see where the leak is coming from,but like everyone else said,its probably your heater core.

6. TheGrip

TheGrip Stockpiling

Sep 11, 2002
    Indiana
    A telltale sign of a heater core leak is if there is any extra condensation build-up on the inside of your windshield.
    Older systems that are rejuvinated with a new pump also get fresh anti-freeze which flushes all of the bits'o'gunk that usually plug pinhole leaks in the radiator and/or heater core.
    Ughhh, heater core cheap. Labor not.~fnt~

7. Goatman

Goatman

Feb 9, 2002
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Better be locating a new carpet set. Oh. And soon. Been there, done that.

8. grecco

grecco

Sep 12, 2004
    philadelphia pa
    check your hoses,
    you could have a pin hole,
    this drove me nuts for about a week.
    good luck.

9. Mine turned out to be a cracked head! Have it Check it now! ;P ;P ;P :steamed: ;6 ;1 ;0 ^2 ^4 ~woohoo~ ~<peep~>