close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Answering Call About Armed Intruders, Police Kill Resident Holding a Gun

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by TBO, Jan 20, 2012.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Well, if you refuse commands to put the gun down... also not very wise to hang out w/ relatives who are dope dealers.

IGF

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

3. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Mmm, at that point, who the guy is and why he is holding a gun are moot points.

I guess I fail to understand why this isn't crystal clear to every man, woman, and child in America.

If you are brandishing a weapon and ignore orders from a police officer to put it down, you will be shot. If shot, you may die.

Specific to this article, it doesn't really sound like a great loss has been suffered by the neighborhood. Drug dealers, implicated in previous assaults and murder? Karma.

4. A drug dealer and his competitors. A half-brother grabs his gun to protect his drug dealing brother from his competitors.

Oh well.

What's important is that no LEOs were injured.

5. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    life is short, it is even shorter when you are stupid.

6. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Stupidity is sometimes fatal. We should encourage more of it.

7. merlynusn

merlynusn

Nov 16, 2007
    NC
    Yeah, and the drug dealer's girlfriend is the best witness. She told them the cop said "Freeze, drop the weapon." Can really do much more than that. Why would any cop think that a home invasion victim would exit with a gun in his hand?

Sounds like a justified shoot. Hopefully the race baiters will go away soon.

8. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Born dumb, die dumb.

9. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Its pretty widespread, the idea that "I know I'm not x therefore the cops have no right to stop/detain/question/shoot me even though I look like x , walk like x , and quack like x . " Not just drug dealers either. Look at the threads about the ex Vet at Costco that was shot in the parking lot. Lot of support because he was a squared away model citizen, a veteran, except it turns out based on incorrect info, as he was not the squared away model citizen after all. But all the open carry threads go the same way, I'm innocent, so the cops have no right to question me.

I think they must have cops confused with the Psychic Friends Network.

Not sure why its so hard to figure out that you should get judged on what you knew, or at least should have known at the time, not what is discovered days/months later.

Randy

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  10. hurd

hurd glockglockglock

Nov 16, 2008
    NC

Dragoon, forgive me, but I'm stealing this one.......:rofl:

Now to all those who say he should not have been shot....WRONG...just obey orders, you'll live to argue about it later. Never fails to amaze me how stupid some people can be.
    LEO went home safe, good night in my book

11. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    But he had the right to resist the unlawful arrest by those police right.................

Oh snap see how this happens.

12. We just had an incident a night or two back that was a DV call with the resident having and knife and/or handgun, and wouldn't let the Mrs. leave. Our local version of SWAT was dispatched because, well, that's what we do for hostage/barricade situations.

It was around 4 hours, but he was taken into custody without anyone getting hurt but the door into the house.

Hasn't happened yet, but I'm expecting the cop-bashers here in town to go after the PD for being "too aggressive" for sending the guys in armor and rifles. All I care about is the guys I know (and the ones I don't) on our Emergency Response Team all made it home in one piece.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  13. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    The cops solved one problem. That individual will never again be subject to a home invasion/drug rip off.

14. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Feb 15, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Sometimes the only cure for stupid is a bullet.