close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another update on my Gen 4 G23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by berfles, Apr 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. berfles

berfles

Just went to the range today with my dad so he could shoot his new Ruger P95 for the first time. This is only the fourth time I've shot my gun (which is my first gun ever). I ended up shooting 24 mags through, so 312 rounds. 26 of them were Gold Dot 180gr JHPs just to see how they fired. I didn't have a single issue, still no brass to the face, no jams, just 100% firing. I'm guessing I'm around 700-800rds through by now without a real problem.

Loading 312 rounds by hand is a huge pain and my fingers are trashed right now. After the 10th or so mag, my hands were shaking so bad they were starting to take away from my shooting. I bought an UpLula mag loader tonight after wanting to for awhile. Think I noticed some fatiguing going on at the end also, but this is by far the best I've ever felt shooting. I was at a distance of 7-10yds and able to group very tightly. I'd post my targets but my dad misplaced them when we came out and they were nowhere to be found when I ran back in to check :(

On the other hand, my dad's P95 jammed up at the end of his 170ish round session, looked like a feeding issue where a round got jammed and wasn't in the chamber, and wouldn't easily seat itself. Couldn't drop the mag either, but I ended up getting it free. What's the correct procedure for that kind of jam? I tried racking the slide a few times and it eventually loosened up enough to where I could drop the mag out and get the round out.

So bottom line, ~800 rounds into my G23's life and not a single hiccup. I shot the P95 for 15 rounds and was amazed how "lifeless" it felt to me, I much prefer the snap of my G23.

2. allegro

allegro

Both are very good weapons.

I carried a P98 for years, loved the gun, still do, but it was a bit big and heavy for EDC.

I purchased a G23 ten years ago, and LOVE everything about it. More power, nearly the same capacity, lighter and smaller. Win, win and win