Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

another stupid question about grips

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Fifty Thousand, Mar 10, 2011.

  1. Fifty Thousand

    Fifty Thousand

    Mar 3, 2010
    I have a Kimber Pro Carry II. Im looking for a new set of grips. So when ordering I get asked: Full size magwell or full size standard.....

    Now I want to buy the Kimber MSH magwell, and it appears to me to have the screw in the same spot as the orginal. The picture of the grips "with magwell" seems to cover it.up.

    Which grips do i want if in the near future i want to add a kimber magwell? Sorry for the uneducated post. Im just still very green with 1911s
  2. AZ Husker

    AZ Husker

    Mar 25, 2003
    The magwell grips are flat on the bottom to fit up snugly with the well. Standard grips are beveled and don't look good with wells. Most magwell grips will cover the MSH pin, but it's for looks only.

  3. Hokie1911

    Hokie1911 >

    Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    If you are going to add a magwell, you would probably want your grips flat-bottomed (no bevel) without the MSH pin cut. No magwell here, but you can see what I'm talking about...

    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  4. mrsurfboard

    mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

    May 23, 2010
    I think the magwell is ugly. Looking to take the one off my Pro Tactical.
  5. rsxr22


    Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    People have different opinions as far as visual goes, from a useful standpoint, they are a must for me.
  6. Fifty Thousand

    Fifty Thousand

    Mar 3, 2010
    Not sure but im pretty sure it would work with my Pro Carry II. You wanna selk the magwell?