Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

another stupid question about grips

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Fifty Thousand, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Fifty Thousand

Fifty Thousand

Mar 3, 2010
    I have a Kimber Pro Carry II. Im looking for a new set of grips. So when ordering I get asked: Full size magwell or full size standard.....

Now I want to buy the Kimber MSH magwell, and it appears to me to have the screw in the same spot as the orginal. The picture of the grips "with magwell" seems to cover it.up.

Which grips do i want if in the near future i want to add a kimber magwell? Sorry for the uneducated post. Im just still very green with 1911s
  2. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    The magwell grips are flat on the bottom to fit up snugly with the well. Standard grips are beveled and don't look good with wells. Most magwell grips will cover the MSH pin, but it's for looks only.

3. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    If you are going to add a magwell, you would probably want your grips flat-bottomed (no bevel) without the MSH pin cut. No magwell here, but you can see what I'm talking about...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  4. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    I think the magwell is ugly. Looking to take the one off my Pro Tactical.
  5. rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    People have different opinions as far as visual goes, from a useful standpoint, they are a must for me.
  6. Fifty Thousand

Fifty Thousand

Mar 3, 2010
    Not sure but im pretty sure it would work with my Pro Carry II. You wanna selk the magwell?