close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Range Trip...

Discussion in 'The Founders club' started by deputy tom, Oct 10, 2010.

1. deputy tom

deputy tom
    Expand Collapse

Well a few friends wanted to get together for a group shoot today and I took the G-17 along just to get familiar with it since not having fired it for four months.Just like riding a bicycle.What a gun.tom.:wow:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Hugo R

Hugo R
    Expand Collapse
    Gaff G26 User!

I got to shoot a brand new RTF yesterday and I must say that it shot like a dream and I loved that grip. I hear that Glock is going to stop making them? That would be a bummer, I would love to get one next income tax season.

HR

3. Hugo R

Hugo R
    Expand Collapse
    Gaff G26 User!

Update: RTF2 going away? Man I hope not. Just spent the last few days shooting my old G19 and a friends new G4G17. A different friend is picking up his NIB G4G19 on Tuesday next. I can't wait. I'm really liking the G4's. I'm thinking a G4G17 might be the way to go...although the G3RTF2 is so damn nice in the hand!:dunno: Decisions!

HR:cool:

4. deputy tom

deputy tom
    Expand Collapse

Hugo why would they discontinue such a new design? Doesn't make any sense to me.tom.:dunno:

5. Hugo R

Hugo R
    Expand Collapse
    Gaff G26 User!

I heard the stupidest thing...that the FBI was having a hard time lifing fingerprints off of the grips so the USDOJ reached out to Glock and Glock agreed to stop making that particular grip.

I know it sounds stupid and your right, it's a great gun.:dunno:

On the other hand, so many people on GT have been slamming the Gen 4's for not working properly. I just spent a couple of hours yesterday shooting a Gen 4 G19 and it worked flawlessly. I have got to get a G4G17 in my hands. If it works as well and shoots as sweet as the G4G19 did then I might just take the plunge!

6. Hugo R

Hugo R
    Expand Collapse
    Gaff G26 User!

BTW, I like to shoot at least 500 to 1000 rounds through a gun before I pass judgement. That's why I need another G4G17!

7. LarryNC

LarryNC
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I have never shot a gen4. I don't know what to make of all the comments being made about them. I do believe that Glock will get this under control and fixed if there is any truth to it.

8. deputy tom

deputy tom
    Expand Collapse

I'll second that.Glock will get these problems fixed.I'd like to try the Gen 4 sometime.tom.