close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Another Nylon 66 followed me home yesterday.

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by auto-5, Aug 5, 2012.

1. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Has anyone figured out a simple repair for the rear sight when the elevation screw is stripped?

I am kicking myself for having my choice of 1/2 dozen at a big guns shop at a ridiculous low price and I only bought one.

I am trying to get a manufacture date on it because I suspect it is a first year and since I was born that year and in the middle of that worlds record shooting event with the Nylon, I'd like to verify it.

2. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    The date is a two letter code located on the barrel in front of the rear sight on the left side. First letter is the month, second is the year.

Here is a link to how to date them....

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/2009/11/datecodes/

let us know what you find out

3. ArmedMikeL

ArmedMikeL

Jan 4, 2005
    Kentucky
    I still have a Black Nylon 66 with stainless steel barrel and receiver. Got it when I was a kid around 9 years old. Love it. Still shoots accurate.

4. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    No serial number just "AFB" and " Pat Pend .22 LR only" so I am going with March '59

5. mark68

mark68

Jun 14, 2009
    texas
  6. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    Could be an early first year rifle, pretty nice. Does it had a thumb screw type windage knob or a tiny little slotted screw? The big head screw is on early rifles. The small head was introduced 1964ish.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013