Another Nylon 66 followed me home yesterday.

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by auto-5, Aug 5, 2012.

1. My very first rifle. Not sure when purchased. I think I was 16, around 1961 or so.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I just finished blueing my dads nylon, it had rust all over and it was no longer functioning. I took it to the gunsmith to see what it needed and I did the paint job I'm going to hand it to my pops tomorrow. He doesn't even know I have it.it was his childhood .22 he even killed deer with it back in the day.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Is that one the mag feed or tube feed?

4. I bought mine around 1972 for apx $75.00 NIB. A lot of Woodchucks lives have ended,Because of my nylon 66 (Apache Black ) model & the CCI stinger ammo. My only gripe with this gun is mounting a Scope on it is next to impossible? Due to the receivers groove on top of it.? A scope ring & base does not hold solid enough to stay on the gun,Without moving around a lot.? So I use it only with the open sights on it with good results out to 100 yds.

5. I went to a gun show recently and the asking prices for Nylon 66s, in OK condition, (I cannot be more specific as I did not waste my time with close examinations) were between $375 and $450. I was shocked.

RJ

7. mac66

mac66 Huge Member
    Millennium Member

Can I play?

I don't have all of them but I have quite a few. So many in fact that I started www.nylonrifles.com a few years ago to gather info. I have all the assembly/disassembly manual direction online and well as a bunch of other info. The website has been down for 6 or 7 months due to a virus attack. Just got it back up this week. There is also a forum. I also write about other stuff on the main page but the purpose of nylonrifles.com was to document everything about nylon rifles. Enjoy.

Here are just a couple of mine...

[​IMG]

#27 mac66, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  8. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Great site mac66. I watched your disassemble/reassemble videos and cleaned up both of my Nylons back when I picked up my latest. I think I found Bob's in your forum too.

#28 Sgt.K, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  9. Those videos rock. I have never taken the trigger assembly apart cause heck the rest of the rifle was hard enough to put together.

10. You guys need to start throwing wood blocks into the air and shooting them!

11. I was just at a shop that had to Mint ones for sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

12. cgaler

cgaler CGALEUSMC

I have 6 of them , all except the Galley one. Would like to sell all together for $3000 with a wood/glass show case. Just need the bucks for other toys.... That is all

13. mac66

mac66 Huge Member
    Millennium Member

Gee, of the 30 or so nylon rifles I have, not one cost me more than $100. If you can get $500 a piece for yours let me know who you are selling them too.:supergrin: I would like to cash in on some of mine as well.

14. Anybody have a "Ballpark" Idea of what a NIB, complete w/ALL Paperwork "K-Mart Special" Apache 77 would be worth? TIA....mikey357

15. mac66

mac66 Huge Member
    Millennium Member

$300-400

16. Very nice!
    I have a brown one.
    Different colors,different value's

17. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues
    Silver Member

I remember it well....

My brother took it down & couldn't get it back together ...

Handed me a shoebox fulla parts .... :upeyes:

... Took me a while to figure it out & get it back together ... :supergrin:

18. mac66

mac66 Huge Member
    Millennium Member

Putting them back together is tricky which is why we have field service manuals and assembly and disassembly guides on the website. We also have a video on how to do it.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/documents/

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/video/

#38 mac66, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  19. mac66

mac66 Huge Member
    Millennium Member

20. :cool: ..I had one of the black Apache models with the chrome barrel and reciever. It was tube fed from the rear of the stock. It ws a heck of a gun and had it for many years. But when I don't use one of my guns in some time, I sell it and get something else. I sold it to a good friend and have been trying to buy it back for the past 4 years. Bummer!

This is my latest .22 Ruger

.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#40 gungho58, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013