close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Liar, Thief and Coward Among Us

Discussion in 'What Happened To My Want Ads Area?' started by rockinglockin, Sep 28, 2003.

1. rockinglockin

rockinglockin
    Expand Collapse
    Young Geezer

Beware of a member that goes by "law4fun". He and I had an agreement to exchange magazines. I delivered, he didn't. He won't answer my emails or private messages. The name that I delivered to was Jimmy Hadley in Pryor, Oklahoma. I didn't loose big bucks here but there's so much principle involved. You'd think members would follow through with their promises. I've made many deals here for about three years and this is the first scumbag piece of crap I've run into. I'd like to meet him face to face. I just wanted to warn you guys to watch this guy.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Pal O' Mine

Pal O' Mine
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

This isn't the first time this guy has ripped off someone on this site. I'm sure someone else will be able to provide the links to other threads. Moderators, isn't it about time for this guy to get barred from GT?

3. AC37

AC37
    Expand Collapse
    SystemicAnomaly

Jimmy is ripping people off everywhere across the net. Jimmy is the son, Jim is the father. Jimmy seems to be the guilty party, but Jim's not lilly white either because he's continuing to let his son behave is this manner, and has repeatedly not followed through on his word to right his son's wrong. Here's Glockrat's thread on what's happened to him (Chevydriver and I were present when Jimmy took his stockset from him without paying).

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176729

You'll also notice that there's a link in that thread to an FALfiles thread about more problems with LAW4fun:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87073

There have been plenty of other people having problems with him, both on AR-15.com and at least a couple other individuals here on Glocktalk besides Glockrat. There's been quite a few people that have been screwed by him, both online and offline...I've personally met two people that have been screwed by him at a gun show...Glockrat and another individual. Something needs to be done about this problem badly. :(

4. HSM ITH

HSM ITH
    Expand Collapse

If he is local to someone how about getting him a little education and encouragement to make right on his deals? Where is this guy? Should be shipping address available and real names.

5. usma89

usma89
    Expand Collapse

he ripped people off on arfcom also, Jimmy's dad is a lawyer and protects his scumbag kid, he uses legal mumbo jumbo to try to say he and his kid are not at fault.
    His basic arguement is, buyer beware.

6. NMGlocker

NMGlocker
    Expand Collapse
    BOOM headshot

Being a lawyer is all well and good, as long as the person who was ripped off is trying to settle things lawfully.
    One day he'll rip off someone, and the only thing that'll help him is a doctor (or coroner).

7. BLACKGUN1G

BLACKGUN1G
    Expand Collapse

If you file a complaint with the state bar association on the dad for collusion with his son to defraud using the mail he could loss his law licence or at least cause him problems.
    Blackgun

8. STANMAN

STANMAN
    Expand Collapse
    I HATE RICERS!!

I am reporting this thread to a mod, I am sick of reading about this guy everywhere I go. FNFAL files (where he's a mod no less, lol), AR15.com, here. I suggest everyone else do the same, perhaps we can get him out of here.

9. Keith5579

Keith5579
    Expand Collapse
    STONEHOUSE

Rockinglockin, He was gonna send me 6 ar mags for a streamlight m3. Needless to say he never sent the mags and would not return e-mails. Lucky for me, I was not going to ship the light until I got the mags because of his reputation. Something needs to be done with this clown.

10. STANMAN

STANMAN
    Expand Collapse
    I HATE RICERS!!

Let's get this back on the 1st page. BTT!

11. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62
    Expand Collapse

You need to do this!!!! before he gets another GTer.

12. CIAHitman

CIAHitman
    Expand Collapse
    WalterGA fan

13. Tollman

Tollman
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

If I remember correctly, he's done the same thing over on AR15.com.

14. VonFatman

VonFatman
    Expand Collapse

15. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62
    Expand Collapse

That is right!!! why is this guy still aloud to be on GT ;d

16. rockinglockin

rockinglockin
    Expand Collapse
    Young Geezer

I want to thank all of you guys that have responded and read and showed interest in my problem with a magazine trade.

I emailed Jim Hadley several times and he finally responded on Monday. He said he was not a thief and that I had a bad attitude and that he was sending my threatening email to AOL and the DA in my county. He gave me an address and phone number of his law office in Pryor, OK. He gave me a confirmation number on Monday and on Wednesday (today) the USPS website listed it as being accepted on Tuesday before 10AM. I don't know what he mailed and to whom he mailed it because the website doesn't give all the info needed on a tracking number.

You know, if he had just mailed the mag when he promised he would, I wouldn't have had a problem. When I saw that he received the one I mailed, and I hadn't received mine, I felt I had been shafted; especially since he didn't answer my emails.

If I don't get this straightened out, I have other plans for Mr. Hadley that include the bar association. Since there are others that have been conned, I feel like we have a case.

Thanks again guys. I'll keep you informed.

17. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

guys -

thank you for your patience

i think things are taken care of now

rusty

18. STANMAN

STANMAN
    Expand Collapse
    I HATE RICERS!!

Taken care of in what way? He was banned taken care of, or he got all of his ducks in a row and everyone got their deals worked out taken care of? Hopefully the 1st, but I also want everyone to get what they were supposed to out of this guy/his son.

19. GlockRat

GlockRat
    Expand Collapse

I sure haven't received my money yet, so I hope he is banned. I will give him another call and see what he has to say this time...
    ;Q

20. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

eric said in a post in the back office that the guy is banned

thats all i know

please dont shoot the messenger if thats not enough