close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Another Jumpsuit Thread...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DaBigBR, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Sundown

Sundown

Feb 25, 2007
    Pac NW
    Bratwear is where it's at. They are perfect, and like Morris said, the summer weight ones are more than adequate with a bit if layering for those brrrrrr days. When you take measurements, be sure to wear your vest, BUG, and duty belt. Their series of measurements take all of these into account and you'll be happy you took the time to get them right.

As for customer service, Bratwear is second to none. They may take some time, but the product is worth the wait. Also, in my experience, they typically grossly overestimated the amount of time needed to get you your product. They are worth a 3 month wait, but you'll be really happy when you get it early.

2. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I've been emailing Sally (the president of Bratwear) back and forth the last couple days. Hoping to have an order placed next week. She says 6-8 weeks.

3. Philly K-9

Philly K-9 Run! I Dare ya!

Oct 18, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA.
    Am I missing something? $350.00 BEFORE extras?!?!?!? I'm K-9 in Philadelphia, PA. Our uniform is a BDU (either a Tru-Spec "Tactical Dress Shirt or 5.11 TDU shirt and regular BDU pants) in the warmer months and a sweatshirt or a mock turtleneck under an outter vest carrier with a nylon MA-1 style bomber jacket. An expensive uniform costs me under $100.00 and that's with patches!!!

What's so awesome about Bratwear uniforms? Can someone post a detailed pic so I can see what they look like?

4. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I did the math and my regular class B uniforms run $179.97 before shipping, tailoring, and patch application. I figured that it rounds out to about $200 per set, which would include pants, short sleeve shirt, and long sleeve shirt. We wear a black uniform, and I am yet to find a single uniform with cotton blend (which is becoming more common) that does not fade. We use the 5.11 TDU pants for our class "C" (bike patrol originally, but basically a "soft" uniform with a yellow polo) and they fade gray fairly quickly.

The Bratwear stuff is completely custom cut to the user based upon measurements provided to the company. The quantity, size, and position of pockets is dictated by the end user. The one piece design eliminates some of the bunching at the waist from having the pants waistband, shirt, undershirt, vest tails, etc all together. The material is supposed to be 100% wash and wear and highly resistant to fading.

5. JBaird22

JBaird22

Nov 18, 2005
    Washington
    I have longed for the day when I could wear a jumpsuit again. How I love the tactical pj's. These jumpsuit threads make me sad in a way. At this point I'd be happy for just having cargo pockets.

6. I got issued tactical onesies when I moved to WA. I have no desire to go back to regular uniforms now. Morris and I even met for coffee one day in jumpsuits :)

7. Philly K-9

Philly K-9 Run! I Dare ya!

Oct 18, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA.
    What do the Pierce Co. WA Sherriff's wear? I see their jumpsuits on COPS a lot.

8. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Why Bratwear, of course!

9. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    I had no idea you left CA.

Can you take and post an ass load of decent quality jumpsuit pics as well? I need as many as I can get for this proposal!

10. Yep. Been at my new agency for over 5 months now. And we can pursue :tongueout::tongueout:

PM an email address and I'll send you some pics. Are jumpsuits are made by Blumenthals. They are essentially the same as bratwear.

11. Owe you photos. Just up to my eyeballs in paperwork and home life.

12. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Could you see to it that you send them to me, too.

Either post here or you have my department email address.

Thanks!

13. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    :whistling: :supergrin:

14. Yeah, yeah. :) This afternoon after before I go to training. Hopefully Photobucket will play nice.

15. Photobucket finally working:

[​IMG]

With us, large POLICE patch on right side, name, & ID number in large letters. Pocket left side, dual pen pocket on the outside, lateral tab is for the VieVu. Pocket right side the same, vertical tab by the badge is for the radio mic.

[​IMG]

Back of the jumpsuit. Can't miss who I am and yet, people can . . .

[​IMG]

TASER pocket without the X26 insert. Velcro with redundant snap system.

[​IMG]

Flashlight pocket, strong (right) side with lower pocket.

[​IMG]

Underarm zipper. Handy for summer or winter wearing. (Sleeves zip off for summer wear).

[​IMG]

Backside of the jumpsuit. You can see the elastic waistband and three of my five belt loops.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  16. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Excellent.

Any way someone can snap a pic of you wearing it with the X26 in the holster? If not, no worries and thanks to all!

17. Yeah. Back on the road tomorrow so I'll snap a couple kitted out.

18. monkeywrencher

monkeywrencher Squirreled Up!

Jun 19, 2004
    Mendocino, CA
    Morris thanks for the pics. Verifying that is the summer weight? I live on the Northern California coast and I'm really debating between the winter and summer weight. I got samples of both and the fleece backed winter weight seems much more substantial.

My other concern is blackberries, poison oak etc.. I crawl around in the bushes the majority of the time so it can't snag much.

Any feedback to these issues is appreciated.

Pat

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  19. South Fla

South Fla ©South Fla 2015

Oct 10, 2006
    Duh...