close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

another floridian stands his ground

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 6forsure, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ked

ked

Feb 12, 2007
    tennessee
    i gotta feeling he's going to really regret his actions.

ked:faint:

2. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm

Jul 10, 2012
    California
    This may reduce the amount of people coming to the door selling magazines. I'm not saying I agree with this, but if it causes the illegitimate door to door sales people to rethink their approach, I'm all for it.

3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    [​IMG]

4. ted1

ted1

Apr 2, 2012
    This will not end well for law abiding gun owners. I hate to say it but there are some people that should not own a gun. Like someone who wants to shoot someone for stepping onto there property without any threat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

5. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm

Jul 10, 2012
    California
    Mr. Spade, with all due respect, I am serious. I live in what would be called an affluent area. There have been numerous cases where homeowners have been raped, robbed or killed by door to door sales people who cased their homes or neighborhood. Recently a burglary ring was just busted by an alert neighbor who saw suspiciuous people around their neighbors home...turns out it was the same people who had robbed over a dozen homes. It is to the point that I no longer answer the door when I'm home. My kids have strict rules about even going near the door when we are not home. If It seems over the top, well, welcome to Califronia. BTW, I choose to live in one of the "shall issue" counties...any more questions?
    Scott

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    By all means, sacrifice an innocent person trying to feed their family if it eases your concerns. It's for the greater good.

Randy

7. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    So how many innocent people are you willing to whack to cut down on door-to-door solicitors? You up to volunteering yourself or one of your kids to be sacrificed for the greater good? Let's say that your community gets a 50% drop in unwanted solicitors after a Girl Scout takes one to the back of the head like this victim did---you still "all for it"?

I find your attitude towards the taking of innocent life to be despicable. Both you and the Florida moron are giving the antis all the ammunition they could wish for.

8. Wasn't there but from what the news said it looks like the shooter was a loose cannon. I think he'll be going to prison. Awful lot of responsibilty goes with carrying a sidearm.

9. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Are door-to-door salesmen born of wedded parents OK with you then?:supergrin:

10. Chris Chris

Chris Chris

Jul 2, 2010
    Florida
    Based upon the news account (which may or may not be totally accurate) there would seem to be NO legal justification for the shooter's actions under ANY of the Florida self-defense statutes.

My guess is that he goes down hard... and IMHO... he deserves to. I support the SYG law. But if it is used to gain an aquital in this case it needs to be changed.

11. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    We don't often have fully aligned positions...but we do here. Our rules forbid me from adding to this, so I'll just leave it as +1.

12. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    If you're not saying you agree with this, how can you be all for sales people re-thinking their approach based on this activity?

So let me ask you outright: Based on the information in the thread starter, do you think the shooter was justified in -

• pulling his firearm on the sales person?
    • shooting the sales person, absent a threat of force?
    • shooting the sales person in the back of the head while he lay on the ground?
    Thank you.
    - G

13. zbusdriver

zbusdriver

Jul 21, 2006
    se michigan
    Very well said.

14. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    +1 on that.

15. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Please, stop the rude and insulting name calling. If you see an insult, please do not respond.

If your post is no longer visible, you are guilty of doing one or the other of those actions.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  16. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Any decent prosecutor will finish this business quickly... and the killer will then get to be a guest of the state for life is he is not sentenced to execution. Good. Such criminals deserve to be punished to the fullest extent possible under the law.

The family of the murdered man should press a suit for wrongful death against the criminal extracting from him the maximum possible money damages.

17. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    I hope you don't mind that I separated your sentences. It makes it a little easier for me.

Sam and Gallium have asked some questions. I hope you answer them.

How long have you been carrying?