close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

another floridian stands his ground

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 6forsure, Jul 27, 2012.

1. 6forsure

6forsure
    Expand Collapse

2. ked

ked
    Expand Collapse

i gotta feeling he's going to really regret his actions.

ked:faint:

3. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm
    Expand Collapse

This may reduce the amount of people coming to the door selling magazines. I'm not saying I agree with this, but if it causes the illegitimate door to door sales people to rethink their approach, I'm all for it.

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

[​IMG]

5. rednoved

rednoved
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

Tragic story.

6. oldman11

oldman11
    Expand Collapse

Link not working.

7. ted1

ted1
    Expand Collapse

This will not end well for law abiding gun owners. I hate to say it but there are some people that should not own a gun. Like someone who wants to shoot someone for stepping onto there property without any threat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

8. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm
    Expand Collapse

Mr. Spade, with all due respect, I am serious. I live in what would be called an affluent area. There have been numerous cases where homeowners have been raped, robbed or killed by door to door sales people who cased their homes or neighborhood. Recently a burglary ring was just busted by an alert neighbor who saw suspiciuous people around their neighbors home...turns out it was the same people who had robbed over a dozen homes. It is to the point that I no longer answer the door when I'm home. My kids have strict rules about even going near the door when we are not home. If It seems over the top, well, welcome to Califronia. BTW, I choose to live in one of the "shall issue" counties...any more questions?
    Scott

#8 Glock_9mm, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  9. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

By all means, sacrifice an innocent person trying to feed their family if it eases your concerns. It's for the greater good.

Randy

10. Sam Spade

Sam Spade
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

So how many innocent people are you willing to whack to cut down on door-to-door solicitors? You up to volunteering yourself or one of your kids to be sacrificed for the greater good? Let's say that your community gets a 50% drop in unwanted solicitors after a Girl Scout takes one to the back of the head like this victim did---you still "all for it"?

I find your attitude towards the taking of innocent life to be despicable. Both you and the Florida moron are giving the antis all the ammunition they could wish for.

11. ZO6Vettever

ZO6Vettever
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't there but from what the news said it looks like the shooter was a loose cannon. I think he'll be going to prison. Awful lot of responsibilty goes with carrying a sidearm.

12. eracer

eracer
    Expand Collapse
    Where's my EBT?

Are door-to-door salesmen born of wedded parents OK with you then?:supergrin:

13. Chris Chris

Chris Chris
    Expand Collapse

Based upon the news account (which may or may not be totally accurate) there would seem to be NO legal justification for the shooter's actions under ANY of the Florida self-defense statutes.

My guess is that he goes down hard... and IMHO... he deserves to. I support the SYG law. But if it is used to gain an aquital in this case it needs to be changed.

14. jdavionic

jdavionic
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

We don't often have fully aligned positions...but we do here. Our rules forbid me from adding to this, so I'll just leave it as +1.

15. Gallium

Gallium
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

If you're not saying you agree with this, how can you be all for sales people re-thinking their approach based on this activity?

So let me ask you outright: Based on the information in the thread starter, do you think the shooter was justified in -

• pulling his firearm on the sales person?
    • shooting the sales person, absent a threat of force?
    • shooting the sales person in the back of the head while he lay on the ground?
    Thank you.
    - G

16. zbusdriver

zbusdriver
    Expand Collapse

Very well said.

17. oldman11

oldman11
    Expand Collapse

+1 on that.

18. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

Please, stop the rude and insulting name calling. If you see an insult, please do not respond.

If your post is no longer visible, you are guilty of doing one or the other of those actions.

#18 RussP, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  19. Brucev

Brucev
    Expand Collapse

Any decent prosecutor will finish this business quickly... and the killer will then get to be a guest of the state for life is he is not sentenced to execution. Good. Such criminals deserve to be punished to the fullest extent possible under the law.

The family of the murdered man should press a suit for wrongful death against the criminal extracting from him the maximum possible money damages.

20. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

I hope you don't mind that I separated your sentences. It makes it a little easier for me.

Sam and Gallium have asked some questions. I hope you answer them.

How long have you been carrying?