close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Another Firefox problem:

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by thetoastmaster, Jun 20, 2007.

1. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

Forgive me, I'm not much of a computer person. I can run Firefox, usually. I just updated to 1.5.0.12, and have having a problem with my security features. When I open the "options" window, under "tools" and configure my setting, it will not apply them. At the bottom of the window are three boxes: "Okay", "Cancel", and "Help". I cannot click the "Okay" button (I mean I can put the arrow on it and click the mouse all the live-long day, but nothing happens).

Any help?

-Bo

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Well, first and formost, unless your using the Romanian version of Firefox, that version is fairly dated.

I'd update to the current version(2.0.0.4), and see if that fixes your problems...

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

IGF

3. thetoastmaster

After updating to 2.0.0.4 I still have the same problem: I cannot click the "Okay" button in the "Options" window.

Any suggestions?

4. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

May 22, 2003
    North Carolina
    I know Spybot has options that can restrict changes to IE. Is it some type of spyware scanner/anti-virus option maybe? Also is the account an administrator?

5. thetoastmaster

The problem seems to have fixed itself. That is, I can click that window now. Got the cookies where I want them, and the Proxomitron loaded and happy.

What could have caused this problem?

6. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Thats exactly what came to my mind when he said he's still having the prob with 2.0.0.4.

Hopefully whatever was wrong, stays fixed.

IGF