close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Another 870

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by mainegunner, Sep 14, 2011.

1. mainegunner

mainegunner

Mar 5, 2005
    maine
    I was going to buy another barrel for my 870P. I ended up buying another 870 this one is an 870 express with a 28 inch barrel. Didn't really want to mess around with my 870P its set for HD duty. I will use the express to do some bird hunting maybe shoot some trap for fun. Two 870's are better then one double your pleasure.

2. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    I went through a similar -should I buy a second 870 - or just find a 28-30 inch barrel to use on my HD gun with 18.5" barrel.

I wanted to shoot clay targets.

I got lucky - found a 28" barrel on gun broker for $75 - I think at the time I figured if I could get a used barrel for under $100 I would take this route - much over $100 new gun.

I will say this -

I have shot hundreds and hundreds of EXTRA rounds through my HD 870 since I have the longer barrel.

No way I would go to the range and blast 100 rounds through my 18.5 inch barrel - but this is easy to do when shooting clays.

The benefit - the action on my 870 gets better and better with use. :supergrin:

If I was you I would still swap out the barrels between guns and put some extra rounds through your HD shotgun.

YMMV

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. mainegunner

mainegunner

Mar 5, 2005
    maine
    Vafish I will try and post a pic I am not really great with the computer. Z71bill I agree that it would be a great way to break in or smoth out the action of my 870P.