Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Ankle holster for Ruger LCP?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by AGAF, Mar 22, 2012.

1. AGAF

AGAF On a Journey

Oct 2, 2006
    Anyone know of a comfortable, fairly priced ankle holster for the Ruger LCP? Thoughts from anyone who has carried in an ankle holster. Thinking this will be nice for back up....

2. I have an ankle holster like this one (think it is the same).
    [ame=""] Undercover Ankle Holster Black: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@[/ame]

Here's the company website

The key thing about it is the fleece backing that you see in the pic. Very important, kinda like a saddle pad for a horse. Very comfortable.

But I wear it with hiking boots, that keeps it from sliding down :)

3. AGAF

AGAF On a Journey

Oct 2, 2006
    Thanks, I will check that out!
  4. DGreno

DGreno FF/Paramedic Silver Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Savannah, GA
    I am glad I found this thread. My wife just got her CCW permit and is wanting to try an ankle holster. The one above wont break the bank and looks like a good buy. Thank you Ithaca for posting it!
  5. Just be aware of the hiking boot use with it that I mention.

Everyone has different shaped legs, I guess :) But there can be a natural tendancy for an ankle holster to slide down until something stops it. That could be your ankle itself, or it could be the shoe or hiking boot or work boot that you wear.

The above is comfortable for me with a shoe also, but I prefer the hiking boot to keep the holster from going too low and showing when I sit down.

Other designs may have support straps that go up to the knee or above the calf. Personally I don't want any stinking support straps. I like this simple type shown above.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  6. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I have the Fobus ankle holster for the LCP. It's also a good one. No buttons, velcro tabs......gun snaps into place and is secure. In church, the ladies like to, this is the solution!

7. AGAF

AGAF On a Journey

Oct 2, 2006
    Hogship, thanks for sharing. I will check this one out as well.

Also, thanks so much for your service to our country!
  8. rv4driver

May 8, 2010
    Ft. Collins, Co.
    My first ankle holster didn't have a rolled edge, couldn't stand it. I bought an Uncle Mike's and found it to be perfect for me.