close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anger issues in local deputy.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by HOTHEAD, May 1, 2012.

1. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    Said person is an ex-girlfriend.... Actually worse than PETA.

2. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    Maybe in some cases but you gotta admit PETA is pretty bad...

3. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    I dunno, PETA at least believes they have some greater good they serve, even though they are misguided. This ***** is doing nothing more than trying to tear down her ex out of spite and vindictiveness.

And let's not forget: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Funny they don't have a quote like that for PETA... :rofl:

4. It looks like the GF knew the relationship was in the dumps and set him up.

Okay...I saw nothing "brutal." The guy's actions are pretty much what you would have to do to establish dominance, as has already been mentioned. Grabbing by the scruff is what the K-9 mother will do to her pups. This puts the dog in an inferior position, so the dog knows he/she is not the boss, and the owner is. Also, the dog being placed on its back puts it in a compromising position as well. Make the dog feel like it is the less dominant of the two. Think like a dog and you should get results. These methods work with my 86 pound Doberman.

That having been said, this owner needs to attend some EAP/anger management classes. If this tape were referred to the sheriff/police chief he most likely (and should) be referred to EAP. I would also like to know what type of complaint record he has on his department.

5. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    That pretty much says it all.

6. countsk

countsk

Sep 29, 2009
    Usually I'm the first on the scene when you have an out of control "Barney". Kicked a few out of the military who have went on to become "successful" cops. However, this isn't or wouldn't be my technique for training a dog but I don't think we can equate this to being a bad police officer. Next topic for dicussion.

Disclaimer - I come from a long line of miltary and cops (some both) and we enjoy busting each others junk. "Hey, didn't I chapter your *#% back in '95 and now your're writing me a ticket." "Be nice to even the bad ones but remember if you can't hack it in the military you probably won't work out as a LEO either. It's the flash to bang in between that sucks for the rest of us."