close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

And they needed a study to find this out?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock20 10mm, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

After visiting Disney in the off season, I'd have to say that the honor of worst tourist has to go to some our neighbors to the deep south. Brazil, Argentina, etc., I guess it's cultural, but those people think that admission to the park entitles them to be the a-holes of Mouseworld. :upeyes:

I'll give US Tourists this: We (in the general sense) go everywhere and EXPECT everyone else to speak English. But we run the world, so why is that unusual.

And what the bleep is 3% of US tourists doing stealing TV remotes??? :upeyes:

3. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

well that was a real POS article. And of course the huge majority of the polled were Americans who thought Americans were the worst tourists. We are taught from a young age to hate our society and country and to think that every other culture is much more "worldly" than we are. We have an entire media dedicated to making us despise ourselves.

4. blackjack

blackjack

I was once accused (circa 1979) of stealing the salt and pepper shakers from a gasthaus in Berchtesgarten, W. Germany. I had been in country less than a year and my language skills were lacking so it took a moment to get the guy to slow his speech enough so I could understand him. I did my best to assure him that I had not stolen anything from his establishment but I'm sure he tells the story today of the no-good soldat Amerikanische that stole the salz-und-pfeffer.

5. VELO

VELO

No kidding. How in the heck can we judge ourselves if we are the worst tourists? Doesn't make any sense.

6. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

I think such a study is more than likely to be tainted by peoples long held political opinions and resentments based on memories of past wars & other problems. When you're asking opinions about people from other countries, I doubt any large scale poll would ever be completely focused on the behavior of the tourists and nothing else.

Notice how the Irish dislike the English - well of course they STILL do, after what England did to them for centuries! Notice how the English dislike the Germans - well of course they STILL do! And American's are bound to be disliked by everyone because of decades of what they perceive as our domination of so many things around the world.

There's also a form of love/hate+envy involved here. All around the world there are crowds of people who'd like to come to the USA - if they could get here - even though many of the very same people dislike us for various political reasons. Yet they see the opportunities for a better life in the USA than they can have at home, and naturally they want that, so there's a certain love/hate thing going on, and it's not a new phenomenon. Love/hate affairs between countries have been going on in Europe for centuries.

They dislike our mind, but they love our boobies, if you catch my drift.

As for Americans thinking other Americans are ill-behaved scum - not surprised. Hating your own country and automatically assuming that every other culture is morally superior to our own, has become an unthinking liberal fad TAUGHT BY the professors in our universities - and we all already knew that - right?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  7. glockski

glockski

My vote goes to the French

8. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

They just smell funny... if they didn't surrender so much then maybe it wouldn't be such a problem.:whistling:

9. Ragnar

Ragnar

You would think that with their arms up all the time that BO wouldn't be an issue. :whistling:

10. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

Well said.

11. coastal4974

coastal4974

I wonder how much contact with foreign tourists those respondents have had experience with.

I’m going to guess not much.

12. K1500

K1500

FRENCH for sure.