An elk is the same as a child?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Jan 10, 2013.

1. "I don't see a whole lot of difference between the shooting of this defenseless elk and the shooting of school children in Connecticut," one vigil attendee said. A candlelight vigil on mourned an elk that was shot and killed by a police officer.
    About 75 people attended the ceremony and they sang songs including "Amazing Grace" and "We Shall Overcome" in honor of the elk.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57562529/vigil-held-for-colo-elk-shot-by-police-officer/

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_22322028/residents-mourn-boulder-elk-at-candlelight-vigil

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Children Of Same-Sex Couple Denied Entry Into Private School Political Issues Jan 23, 2015
    We will take your children away if you seek therapy for unwanted same sex a Political Issues Aug 26, 2013
    N.M. Court: Same-sex partner may seek custody of child Political Issues Jun 3, 2012
    Same as Everyone Else Introduction Forum Tuesday at 4:11 PM
    Same me since 05 just 10 years older and .............. Introduction Forum Jul 20, 2015

3. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Think about how stupid the average person is. Now consider that half of the people are stupider than that.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Ingrid Newkirk, (former?) leader of that wacky PETA group, insists, and I quote, "A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy." So sure, why not throw an elk in there.

#3 Ducowti, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

More mentally retarded people that give ode to Disney. :upeyes:

Get for real!

6. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member
    CLM

Next he's going to tell us how we should all be vegan.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Depends on how you cook it, but the child is going to have a lot more fat and probably less meat than a backstrap off of a good sized elk.

#6 Bren, Jan 10, 2013
  8. And thats what is wrong with America, we let idiots roam free and even breed.

9. You have to put this in context. This elk incident happened in the People's Republic of Boulder. Granola, hippies and vegans abound there. There aren't many more liberal places in Colorado than Boulder.

10. I think you meant median, but given that it was Boulder, I figure the enlightened stoners there balance out with the more pedestrian folks in Pueblo or C Springs.

11. My usual response ? look them right in the eye and say.

"You may have a point. After all, the last time I saw something like you, I shot it out of a tree"

12. Greatest reply... ever.

:rofl:

13. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Two things.
    1. The vigil was stupid..

2. I am unconvinced the animal needed to be put down til I recieve more info.

We do it after an accident, but a neighborhoods adopted mascot was shot for limping???
    I will wait till all factors are examined but that looked to be quite a trophy...

were any police reports made, what is the protocol?

14. Depends on how you cook it, but the child is going to have a lot more fat and probably less meat that a backstrap off of a good sized elk.
    Amazing! :rofl:

#13 Actionmonkey, Jan 10, 2013
  15. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member
    CLM

Hunting is so tightly restricted by hippies around boulder that overpopulation of elk etc is a serious problem. Diseases, car accidents, etc.

In Boulder they can't even get agreement to shoot mountain lions that have moved in on the suburbs, killed domestic animals, and been observed actively stalking humans.

16. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I had a whole thread in GNG dedicated to just this ridiculous philosophy. To date, in California, two groups of people have died attempting to rescue their dogs, due to this bizarre mindset.

17. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

No surprise here, generations have been taught that humans are just another animal. There is nothing special about them. in fact they are WORSE than most other animals.

Promoting self loathing is a specialty of the far left.

18. You misrepresented the facts in one of your threads. a kid went in after his dog and then other family members drowned trying to rescue the kid. You were making noises about the family drowning trying to save the dog, which was not the case.

It severely got you spanked and brought out an issue about you being able to separate your opinions from the facts.

Not trying to start something, just bringing a little honesty

#17 countrygun, Jan 10, 2013
  19. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Negative. Doggie goes in water. Teenage boy weened on this philosophy goes to save the "family member". He imperils himself. Then mom and dad get involved. The surivor? The dog. It recently happened again. Husaband and wife. Doggie goes in the water husband goes in to save the "family member". Wife geos after husband. Husband dies, wife is thankfully rescued, dog survies yet again on its own.

This is the same mindset that holds funerals for Elk. That is the best was I can "Dick and Jane" this thing to its brass tacks.

#18 Kingarthurhk, Jan 10, 2013
  20. janice6

Platinum Member

This is where the "San Francisco Hippies" went to die.

Come on guys. surely there is someone that can start a countrywide campaign for the preservation of Skeet.

Like the president and his staff, how can we let this opportunity go to waste?

21. Its Boulder.

We don't like Boulder either, but firebombing a city like Dresden is frowned upon these days.