Glock Talk banner

An Easy Drill For Trigger Control

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jim 
#1 ·
I figured I would put this out there for everybody. A little drill I use for some of my fellow officers who are having a problem with trigger control with our mandatory 12 lb triggers. This will work for any trigger pull:

While the shooter is on the line, take a magazine and insert either a dummy round or a live round. Do not tell the shooter what you are putting in. Have them load the pistol and make ready and get a good sight picture on any target (I prefer to do this on the 5 yard line and use some sort of small black circle as a target). Once this is achieved, place a piece of brass on the front sight and have the shooter squeeze the trigger. If the casing falls off with the dummy round, they will see their trigger control issue. Mix it up with both the dummy and a live round and do this over and over and over and over. You should see a massive improvement very quickly when a live round is in the gun.

#2 ·
I recently took a class called You Suck It's Not The Gun. One thing we do is do 10 dry fire pulls with brass on the front sight. Then we shot at 1" circles from 3 yards. A partner would make your gun either loaded or unloaded. The large majority of the class, including myself, were putting rounds right through the center. Did the same drill with my girlfriend. She saw serious improvement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.