close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

ammo supply

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by vallelbg, Jun 16, 2013.

1. gatorboy

gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    If I only shot once a month I would need at least 500 rds. I shoot 250-300 rds. at least once, sometimes twice weekly. All centerfire from handguns.

2. I visited Cabela's yesterday. They had a significant inventory of handgun ammo including both range and defense ammo. Pricing was normal, not inflated at all. While reviewing my personal inventory in my head I was interrupted by a fellow customer stating that I should "buy every round I can afford" while it is available. My response was that if we only buy what we really need the odds of ammo being available next time we shop is much greater. He went on to say that he had purchased 2500 rounds of ammo for each weapon he owns when the shortage first began. He went on to say that he still has almost every round gathering dust in his garage.

I believe this is an excellent example how the shortage has been perpetuated. If the hoarders would back off and only purchase what they need on a monthly basis there would likely be enough ammo to go around.

My two cents worth.

3. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    I keep two stashes one I shoot, and one I do not shoot(mostly expensive HD ammo, primo .223 loads). Every week I add a little to both stashes.

When I go shooting I replenish what I shoot, now there is plenty of .223, 9mm, and .45 acp available. .22 lr on the other hand is a thing of the past.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  4. ashecht

ashecht

Feb 10, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Uh oh. I thought I was low on the totem pole with about 3k of9mm and 3k of .45