close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ammo score!

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by kenzo, Mar 4, 2010.

1. kenzo

kenzo

Jan 18, 2000
    As I was doing a transfer at my FFL, when I saw some new / old stock 10mm ammo sitting in the case. The boxes were old and beat up but the ammo was perfect. I asked the FFL how much he was asking for the ammo and he said it was ammo from an auction of a gunshop that went out of business and that he's had for quite a while. Told me I could have it for $10. "I'll take it!" I said.

150 rounds of factory 180 fmj ball and 220 LSWC 10mm ammo for $10! That never happens to me. Woo-hoo!

Just had to brag. :cool:

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill

3. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    It is considered good form to buy lunch for those less fortunate peons who did not have such good luck!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  4. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Jun 2, 2007
    Northern Illinois
    Sweet pickup!

I had the same kind of luck with my FFL last year. He happen to have a couple hundred rounds of 10mm in his safe that was at least 10 years old. He sold them to me for 1999 prices.

5. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Hit a local gun store I have never been to before... scored 2x 20 rounds of 10mm 175 Silver Tips, and a 20 box of Hornady 155 XTP for under $30. Awesome! :woohoo::rock: