close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ammo question

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by SiberianErik, Jan 14, 2011.

1. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

Feb 9, 2009
    I am ordering my usual quarterly ammo stock.

I came across some Blazer brass 230Gr FMJ but it is aluminum cased. Is this safe to shoot in our 1911's? It pretty cheap at like $13.95 p/50 rd box. I also found a decent supply of my Ranger T's in 230 but they only have +P its the RA45TP model. I have only used the RA45T before and its my Springers all favorite food. Can I use the +P ? its $ 33 p/50 rd box.

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    The Blazer should be good to go. I have never have a problem with it anyways. The +P stuff should be fine in any modern 1911.

3. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

I still have about 4,000 rounds of Blazer aluminum in 9mm and .45 auto. It's much cleaner and more consistent velocity than the "white box" crap.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  4. AA#5

AA#5

Nov 26, 2008
    Cobra, like those "Dedicated Ammo Shelves."

5. anxietycoachjohn

anxietycoachjohn

Nov 24, 2010
    so clean room be careful with your ammo might harm your house or family.. :D
    safety is the best :D

6. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Thanks.

I'm startin' to fill 'em up again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the bulk rifle and pistol ammo is on the floor.

7. youngbuck

youngbuck He's Tyrone!

Jan 4, 2010

I want multiple dedicated ammo shelves some day :sigh:

8. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Fortunately, I was buying cases of Blazer and Speer Lawman when it was selling for $6.50 a box. When prices began to creep up, I decided reloading was a better ammo investment. So by Springtime, I'll have another shelf full (about 12k rounds) with range ammo reloads. :supergrin:

9. tx787

tx787

Feb 11, 2010
  10. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Jul 21, 2009
    WI
    I don't like the Blazer aluminum. That stuff wont feed right in my M&P polymer, and I sure as heck won't try it in my Springfield.

11. NDLAWRENCE

NDLAWRENCE

Aug 16, 2009
    +1 had one crack one time in my brother's revolver, its worth the extra$ for brass

12. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Never had a feeding issue in any of my six Sigs, HK, or three 1911s.

Why wouldn't you try it in your Springfield?

13. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Jul 21, 2009
    WI
    They way I figure is if it can't handle going up a single piece feed ramp, chances are it wouldn't be good on a double.

It makes sense to me because typical brass is smoother and more malleable allowing easier feed. The aluminum casings Blazer has are kind of rough and seem more stiff. I've only ran 50 rounds of them, but they didn't agree with my friend, so I have to back him up. :supergrin:

YMMV

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  14. youngbuck

youngbuck He's Tyrone!

Jan 4, 2010
    :wow::wow::wow: Man it sucks being young and coming in after all the good stuff

15. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    Where are you finding this deal?

16. DeepBlue

DeepBlue

May 31, 2006
    Little Rock
    Do tell....

17. Nice collection there cobra. I tend to stack my boxes sideways anymore. I used to stack them normally until I started noticing a couple crushed boxes, then I measured the rounds and the ones on the bottom had a tiny bit of set back(.001 or so) so I just started stacking them sideways.

18. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

m2hmghb, thanks for the storage tip. :)

19. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

Feb 9, 2009

http://palmettostatearmory.com/1297.php

:wavey:

sorry, I was off a $1.00 p/box its $14.95

I went ahead and ordered two cases. I figure 1000 rounds is a decent start. I am going to the Daytona 500 and our hunting cabin is only 12 miles from the track. Our range is just outside our front door :supergrin: Its a 500 yd range btw..
    We got tix to the Trucks, Nationwide and Cup so the thousand on order plus the thousand I have plus my father in laws should do the trick.

Palmetto State armory is the shizzle for ammo. I been ordering from them forever and it is #1. Best place on the net ! Enjoy!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011