close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ammo prices have more than doubled in 4 yrs!

Discussion in 'The .40 S&W Club' started by DFin, Apr 23, 2011.

1. DFin

DFin

Mar 22, 2008
    I just found a box of .40 s&w that I bought for $7.00 in 2007 from Walmart! I think it is $16.00 now!!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  2. Old Junes

Old Junes

Apr 15, 2011
    Pretty crazy! I've heard people say that the govt will not take our guns but make it so hard/impossible to get ammo that shooting wouldn't even be possible. You can have your guns but you can't do anything with them. Could be a crazy conspiracy theory, but there may be something to it.

3. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    Rem UMC for plinking $52 for 250 at WalMart. That's about 20 each. (plus tax) Ooops that's 9mm.

I think the .40's were around $69. ($ .27/shot)

4. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr trout fear me!

Yup. You have to handload. Dry fire too. And airsoft works, the professional competition guys have proven that.

5. g29guy

g29guy

Dec 29, 2010
    Georgia
    Here's the "change" that we were all promised. I'm really surprised that taxes for ammo hasn't gone up even higher than they are.
    Reloading is the way to go and for a few hundred dollars you can buy all you need to get started with good(not the best) equipment that will outlast you and your kids. I no longer look at shooting as expensive because my cost is included in two hobby's, reloading and shooting.:supergrin:

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA