close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ammo Hoarding

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Skipper Bob, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Apr 24, 2011
    PRONJ
    I've got enough ammo for about 7-8 more trips to the range. That's normally a decent supply for me, but not in these times.

I just checked my usual online ammo sites and they are either completely sold out or jacking the prices into insanity. Right now Natchez has 115 gr FMJ 9mm Remington range ammo for $40 for a box of 50. WHAT?!?! :wow:

Any of you hoarders looking to turn your stash into cash?

2. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Are you two neighbors bi any chance? Maybe you could get together and "stockpile" your "things" and feel better. If not, hey Pot's legal now in you're neck of the woods, just get stoned and chill.

Told you I was In a bad mood. :wavey:

3. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Apr 24, 2011
    PRONJ
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. t4terrific

t4terrific

Sep 8, 2011
    Hoarding is the best way to force manufacturers to increase production. That is a good thing.

5. glockin-45

glockin-45

Feb 24, 2009
    North Carolina
    :crying:Gee, now i feel really bad that i bought acouple of box's at walmart the other day, and 5 box's of 20 rds for $8 a box at the pawn- gun shop, they had more too! :crying:

6. FelixD

FelixD

Jul 12, 2006
    What exactly constitutes a 'hoard"? Does it vary by locale or social status? Or, perhaps by economic ability, inner city v. rural, or how it is reported by the press?

7. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta

I think that if you want it but don't have it (or don't have as much as you want)...and somebody else DOES have it...it's hoarding. Gotta shift the blame to others.

8. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    A "hoard" is more than what I have. :crying:

9. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Local Wally World has mostly empty shelves. There are 14 Wally Worlds in El Paso, haven't checked the others.

Local rod and gun club is a bit more expensive, but their shelves are loaded with everything. Academy Sports is also well stocked.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  10. JDSTG58

JDSTG58

Feb 4, 2008
    USSA
    I'm sure I would be considered a " hoarder" by some. I have 50k plus just of .22. Lost count of the rest. That being said, I have not prevented any one from ever buying ammo. I don't buy in times like this..... I bought years ago when it was affordable.

Don't have a lot of money? Get creative. When I was in high school I liked to shoot, but didnt have money. I worked a deal with a local shop owner to clear a couple of acres of his land and cut,split and stacked the wood for him. What did I get for this? A pallet of .22.

11. ponchsox

ponchsox

Apr 23, 2012
    I love how people who didn't buy any ammo before the panic are now blaming the "hoarders" :upeyes:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  12. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
  13. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Because it's not like there was an event scheduled for November that we expected to have a serious impact on availability and price of items such as ammunition

14. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Game

Set

Match.

15. The Wal-Marts here in Texas were I go are almost OUT of ammo!

I saw the same things years ago during the Clinton Admin and Janet 'baby killer' Reno.

I got my guns back then. The run for ARs at $2000 each just make me laugh. WSAR AKs for $1000 (mine cost me $300!)

Guy at gun show had, literally, a grocery bag of AR mags for $45 each!

Amazing how many idiots there are that didn't get a good rifle, mags, and ammo years ago.

Deaf

16. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

I've been buying ammo on a regular basis ever since the AWB ended in 2004. I have about 30,000 rounds total, mostly 7.62X39 and .22LR, which should last me a very long time since I don't get to the range all that often.

It's not hoarding, it's just common sense. We knew they would try this crap again eventually!

TGG

17. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

Feb 25, 2007
    NW Missouri
    sweet lord if you are a gun toter you should always expect the worse in everything.

18. :cool:

Or worse, vote for Obama:steamed:

:banana:

:supergrin:

I got mine before the panic.
    Been stocking up for years, especially since Obama first got elected.
    I haven't bought any Walmart ammo in months.

:tongueout:

19. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

Why did YOU let your supply get so low??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.