close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ammo for Glock

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by ssss8888, Sep 11, 2005.

1. ssss8888

ssss8888
    Expand Collapse

i recently purchased a glock17 and i've heard from some people that firing it with lead bullets would lessen the life of the firearm while others would say that its ok as long as you have it cleaned everytime. pls enlighten me on this.

also, if ever i want to use fmj reloads, what's the cheapest way of getting them? where? do i buy the shells and the heads separately or do i get only the shells, etc?

thanks

2. vega

vega
    Expand Collapse

It won't lessen the life of the firearm but there is a possibility of Kb if the barrel has too much lead on it. Back in PR I used lead all the time but gives the barrel a good run of snake bore cleaner every 100/200 rounds or so.

vega

3. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

s8,
    pa reload ka nalang ke judge teflon bullets, its safe to use in glocks, not very expensive pa, bili ka muna ng shells/brass, i think at the gunshow this coming oct., you can get them at 4 bucks a pop, but you can use them till they crack, i do, in your g17 thats around 8-10 times, then give them to judge, pag usapan nyo nalang presyo, i get my .40 major load from him for 6 bucks a pop, yours is 9mm so it should be lesser:)

4. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

If you want to use fmj only, just buy the shells and have them reloaded at Armscor.