close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ammo Buyback

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by John43, Oct 23, 2013.

1. John43

John43

Sep 9, 2010
    Murrells Inlet SC
    Guy on SC Armslist wants to buy back your AK ammo for pennies less than you paid for it. That's $.20 cents per rd for you lucky people. Where do these people come from?

2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    2012 I guess. I don't own AK ammo that I paid more than $.20 for with the exception of Hornady stuff.

Regardless the free market will sort it out.

3. CarlosC

CarlosC AK Fanatic

Jan 4, 2000
    DFW area, TX
    Some people are wise, some are otherwise.

4. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    The people who will sell it are the same who paid $2000 for a Bushmaster AR or $1500 for a WASR not six months ago.

There is a very large section of the population who seems to specialize in buy high sell low.

A buddy of mine is notorious for this. He gets the bug on something - the ones I know of are photography, salt water tanks, RC planes (big ones with the 10' wing span), guns, model trains, carpentry, crotch rocket motorcycles, etc.

He goes in big dollar...I mean big dollar. For the 10' plane above he built a shed with a poured floor. For the carpentry I know several of his machines cost $10-$16,000 grand.

He loses interest within a year...buying the stuff and never really using it. Sells it at a huge loss.

I wish he would get into AKs

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  5. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    I had 6k rounds of 5.45 that I sold back to a gun store this spring for 2x what I paid 2 years prior at the same store.

The way I got it in motion was "hey, I'll sell you a bunch of 5.45 at 60% of what you have it marked for in the store" and the owner went for it.

Yes, he had 1080 round tins of 5.45 marked at $300.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  6. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    Gimme a call if he gets into AK-74's.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013