close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Amish on trial for hate crimes against their religious enemies

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Altaris, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Altaris

Altaris
    Expand Collapse

2. High-Gear

High-Gear
    Expand Collapse

I read about this a couple of weeks ago. What a odd situation. Seems like they attacked other men for embracing too much technology, and cut their hair and beards then photographed them to shame them. Intersting, I didn't think the Amash were suppose to use fancy technological things...like cameras? Hypocracy runs through all levels of religion I suppose.

3. Woofie

Woofie
    Expand Collapse
    Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

My great uncle used to hire Amish to work on his farm. Their particular brand of Amish allowed them to use technology as long as they didn't own it, i.e. They could use his air tools and drive his truck, but they couldn't buy any for themselves.

More examples of cafeteria Christians, picking and choosing what they want to believe in.

I assume that snowbird will be along shortly to tell us how the Amish are a leftist commie liberal movement that should be denied rights under our Constitution.

I hope the perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and the victims are granted the restitution they are due.

4. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

What kind of restitution?

That was an odd read. I think that there are lessons in the matter. Their religious intolerance came to forcibly cutting off beards and hair. It is a grand joke.

I think a beard cutting feud is in order. The youngsters got us.......but we well plan our revenge. It is all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

#4 NMG26, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  5. dbcooper

dbcooper
    Expand Collapse

Am I the only one having trouble trying to visualize a bunch of Amish guys on a rampage. What's next? A Buddist hunt club? Hindu steak houses? An all Islam Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition? An athiests for Jesus club?

6. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

Religious intolerance is what happens when the principles of God are abandoned in favor of tradition.

God's principles are Love, Truth, fairness or justice, mercy. You can see that these that have a great amount of tradition have seriously departed from these principles.

7. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Justice will be a beard for a beard!

:rofl:

8. Woofie

Woofie
    Expand Collapse
    Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

No idea. Maybe the criminals should be put on a labor crew and work the victims' fields until the beards have grown back.:dunno:

9. High-Gear

High-Gear
    Expand Collapse

#9 High-Gear, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  10. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Not sure it's the way I'd go for a philosopher...basically, "I think he was crazy as a loon, but I like his message.":rofl: