close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

ameriglo vs. trijicon

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Radam3, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Radam3

Radam3

Jul 22, 2011
    MI
    Going to get night sights on my 23 tomorrow. My LGS has the ameriglo's for about $20 cheaper than the trijicon's. Is the cost difference worth it? I've heard better things about the trijicon's. So from all of you out the in GT land, which Sony recommend, and why? I'm not too concerned about 20 bucks, but if I can save it, why not? LGS also is installing them for free.
    Gonna have them put in a #3.5 connector too. I'm so stoked!

2. from my understanding of what my local gun store clerk tells me is that ameriglo and trijicon are the same.
    here is what he explained to me.

it is cheaper to ship the lamps seperate from the sight as they do not have to be shipped hazardous material. ( im not sure how valid this is i can only repeat what was told to me) he said that the ameriglos are just trijicon sights that are assembled in the U.S. with trijicon lamps and sold under the name ameriglo. he did show me both trijicon and ameriglo and if i remember corectly they both say trijicon.

3. jonboy20

jonboy20

Dec 18, 2006
    Round Rock TX
    I own both......I have the Ameriglow on my USP and after 8 years they are still bright. I have Trij on my G23. I would say they are the same.

4. My Ameriglo's on my G22 had Trijicon capsuls, the front even said Trijicon on it. I have had both and really liked the Ameriglo operator pros just for the wider rear and narrow front.

5. keenshooter

keenshooter

Dec 17, 2010
    I like my Triji there a good price 70 bucks installed.

6. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder Gun Activist

May 26, 2002
    Central Ohio
    I have had all of them, but I really like Mepro's better. I think they last longer.

7. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

Mar 1, 2010
    Trigicon sells vials to other manufacturers.

You have to have a special license from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to manufacture them, and most of the other companies don't have that permit.

8. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    I can send my used up trijicons to Trijicon Michigan for lamp replacement at $54 return shipping included.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  9. Sean R

Sean R

Aug 7, 2011
    Glocktown MA
    I have a set of Ameriglos on my G20. I think they look really good but Mepros I believe are the brightest out of the bunch

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    I have installed dozens of Ameriglo sights and recommend them. My preference for night sights is the Pro Operator yellow rear and green front with the orange ring around the tritium.

11. cgv69

cgv69

Aug 2, 2004
    N. KY
    I love Ameriglo sights and they are installed on all of my Glocks. I use the Tritium "pro" series front with the non-Tritium pro series rear as there is no good reason for rear Tritium IMO and buy going with tritium in the front only, you save about $40 from the cost of going with a full tritium set.

As far as the quality goes, Amerglo uses Trijicon Tritium and the machining of their sites are second to none

12. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    I install quite a few like yours. Yesterday I installed a front tritium with the orange ring and a black metal rear on a G4 G34 along with basic trigger work.

13. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    I like Ameriglo Proglos. They are easy to use day or night. They use trijicon tritium tubes, so you won't notice a difference in brightness.

14. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

Jul 27, 2011
    Florence
    where is a good place to order these from?

where I can order the Fronts in tritium and the rear in metal?
    Thanks,
    Greg

15. Wickersham

Wickersham

Dec 17, 2007
    KY
    ameriglos use plastic white rings around vials, trijicon uses white paint that turns yellow or flakes off.

16. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana

Directly from Ameriglo. Use GSSF as the discount code for 10% off.

17. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    Correct.

18. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

Jul 27, 2011
    Florence
    cool, thanks.

19. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

Jul 27, 2011
    Florence
    just one more question...

do you know the model numbers of these?

"My preference for night sights is the Pro Operator yellow rear and green front with the orange ring around the tritium."

and, can they be purchased cheaper from Ameriglo, if you buy the above in Tritium fronts and metal rears, or just buy the set?

any links would be great.
    Thanks,
    greg