Glock Talk banner

Ameriglo Operator/Pro Operator for Glock 27

12K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  PlasticFan 
#1 ·
I am looking for some opinions on night sights for my Gen 3 G27. I am torn between Ameriglo Operator and Ameriglo Pro Operator. I will probably get the green/yellow combo. I am also considering the Meprolight green/yellow specifically for the G26/G27.

The gun is my CCW and am thinking of trying it out in a local IDPA match so I am looking for a compromise between day and night conditions.

#3 ·
It looks like the only difference between the two ameriglo sets is the contour of the front of the rear sight. The pro operator seems like it may have been designed to be a little more snag resistant upon holstering? But some like the flat ledge on the operator (and most mepros) because it can facilitate a one handed racking of the slide on your belt or another edge.

#4 ·
The pro sets have a wider notch in the rear sight also
I had the regular operator set on my fav G23 and loved it.
Good for carry and awesome for target.
I changed the front to a Pro-Glo which is wider than the standard operator and while easier to pick up and stay locked on the front sight I'm not as good at long distance targets which happens to be 90% of my shooting.
Everything is a compromise:dunno:

As a whole I love Ameriglo sights and they have a stunning amount of choices in sights
I'm gonna have to set up one of my Glocks with a dedicated set of target sights now that I've seen what a narrow front sight and plenty of space around it can do for me.

#5 ·
The pro sets have a wider notch in the rear sight also
I had the regular operator set on my fav G23 and loved it.
Good for carry and awesome for target.
I changed the front to a Pro-Glo which is wider than the standard operator and while easier to pick up and stay locked on the front sight I'm not as good at long distance targets which happens to be 90% of my shooting.
Everything is a compromise:dunno:

As a whole I love Ameriglo sights and they have a stunning amount of choices in sights
I'm gonna have to set up one of my Glocks with a dedicated set of target sights now that I've seen what a narrow front sight and plenty of space around it can do for me.
I was thinking the Pro Operator might be the way to go since they should facilitate a faster sight acquisition with a wider rear notch and narrower front, which from a defensive stand point would be better. Especially since I hate how the front sight of my 27 fills up the entire rear notch, where as my Colt with Novak's has a much narrower front and seems much faster for me.

#10 ·
I was thinking the Pro Operator might be the way to go since they should facilitate a faster sight acquisition with a wider rear notch and narrower front, which from a defensive stand point would be better. Especially since I hate how the front sight of my 27 fills up the entire rear notch, where as my Colt with Novak's has a much narrower front and seems much faster for me.
I just installed the Pro Operator (yellow) rears on both my Glocks to go with the ProGlo lime green front sights. I love the wider rear notch of the Pro's. Much faster sight acquisition, but you should still be able to get the range accuracy you want as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.