Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Ameriglo I-Dot sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by TexasPOff, Aug 25, 2010.

1. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

Thought I would try out a set of Ameriglo's new I-DOT style sights. They are comparable to the Heinie Stright eight sights. The fit and finish is excellent, nice coal black color and they went right on with no issues. The front sight is the typical white outline green tritium dot 140x220. The rear is a single smaller and a bit subdued green tritium dot without an outline. The rear sight has a nice 90 ledge to facilitate one handed drills. The rear of the back sight has a slight upward cut to reduce glare. Overall a very nice set of sights The Trijicon name is on the sights as Ameriglo manufactures the bases and Trijicon installs the tritium. I have shot with these a couple of time so far and I find that I can aquire them a bit quicker than my three dots. I ususally prefer the three dot system, but these may have changed my mind. These may stay on my g23 duty pistol. here are a few quick pics I took. TXPO
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Very cool. I'd like to try a set of those.

3. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Where did you find those?
  4. ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    Look good. Thanks for the write up.
  5. ignantmike

May 14, 2008
    how about a pic looking straight down them?....
  6. DLL9mm

Feb 8, 2009
    +1 :supergrin:
  7. TexasPOff

I ordered them directly from AmeriGlo. Great folks to deal with. Super fast shipping. These are new and they just received the front ones from trijicon. I will try and get a picture looking from front to back. They are set up really well, the back sight has a wide cut and the front is a little thinner than the standard front. This allows a wide view on both sides of the front side. They are a bit taller than standard sights. They have not caused any clearance problem with any of my holsters on or off duty. Seems most combat sights are a bit taller which aids in picking up the sight picture more efficiently. TXPO
  8. Jim123_321

Aug 31, 2009
    South Florida
    I have the Ameri Glos on one 19 and the Tru Glows on another, Either one seems to be better than stock, But I tend to favor the Tru Glows over the other,

I seem to pick up on the front sight better at the range, I guess its a easier find on the gun

9. Range Rat

Range Rat

Mar 5, 2009
    GA & SC
    Good to hear. I just bought two sets of Ameriglo's "special combination" of red/green front and black rear to replace the polymer sights that came with my two Glocks. I find that the white outline of the rear Glock sight is a bit distracting. They go on the guns in a week or so. I hope they improve my GSSF match results.
  10. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I can't seem to find them on theie website. Can you post a link?
  11. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Never mind. Found them. :thumbsup:
  12. TexasPOff

13. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Sep 27, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Also if you put GSSF in the coupon box they will knock off 20%.:supergrin:
  14. in_this_city

in_this_city Glocktoberfest

Jul 29, 2010
    Redondo Beach, CA
    I just ordered me some sights and used that GSSF promo code! Saved 11 bucks.
  15. silverbear

Mar 1, 2010
    I'm getting a set of these as well in the next week or two. Glad to hear you like them and thanks for the pictures - better than just seeing the sights on their website. I hear they may be coming out with an orange painted front for the I-dot like their "Hack" sight (GL-433 under Special Combinations).....:whistling:
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  16. VAisForGlockers

Jun 21, 2010
    Yes more pics please! Getting ready to get some new sights form my G19 and these were on the interest list
  17. mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I just bought a G17 Gen4 and I really want to try these sights. I dont know if its my old age or something but I am not liking 3 dot sights lately. I hope these work for me.

To the Op. How are they now that you have had some time on the range with them?