Americans Want Stricter Gun Laws, Still Oppose Bans

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Loading...

2. Americans want stricter gun laws?

The average american doesn't even know what laws are on the books today.

3. Not my wish.

If I had a wish, it would be to amend the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution (As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State) to read:

“Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. To ensure peace and tranquility of our citizens, and that of a Free Country, The following amendment is necessary and required. “ A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[8]

4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

These "polls" are ridiqulous. They poll maybe 400 to maybe 800 people, and that is suppose to be what all of America wants?

:rofl:

5. If you asked people polled (so long as they weren't plants from the Brady Campaign) what law they would like to see added to the books, I bet you 9/10 times that the answer they give is already in the books.

6. From link in OP

Doc44

7. Not surprising. I've had to convince a number of people that you cannot walk into a gun store and purchase an automatic weapon. I even called a local talk show program to explain to the host that the gun used at Newtown was NOT a military weapon. This talk show host, allegedly a conservative, was getting his "facts" from the lib-media propaganda machine.

8. I'm with ya, but just to play Devil's Advocate for a second: Is the AR-15 identical to the miltary M4 except for the 3-shot burst or full auto capability? (I know barrel length is slightly shorter as well)

#8 cowboy1964, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  9. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

I'll answer...

EXCEPT FOR select fire and barrel length? Yes, they are very similar. But aren't those two features what we are talking about? Otherwise, the same comparison can be made to a Winchester Model 7 - both are deadly in the wrong hands, both are magazine fed, and both go "bang" each time the trigger is pulled.

10. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Appearance wise. The lower is machined differently and an AR is minus a few parts.

11. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

As always, there is a mentality of "we have to do something", so the libs will do something, and the republicans will roll over and let it happen this time.

Emotion is leading this one guys. No amount of reason will change their minds.

I'm just wondering how far they will get.