close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Americans hate California but love Hawaii

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by teumessian_fox, Feb 23, 2012.

1. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Jul 8, 2008

2. banger

banger

Nov 8, 2005
    Where evil lives
    I thought it was just me....

Every year, I drive from the east coast and cross the country.

Twice I have gotten to the California border, stopped, thought, and said the heck with it and turned around.

Why would I want to spend my money in a state like that.

True story.

I "vote" with my money.

3. Of course everyone thinks that Hawaii is full of beautiful women, nice beaches, cool, tropical breezes, where you never have to work and just play all day. And Colorado (#2) is full of snow-capped mountains and natural, breathtaking scenery.

4. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    I have to agree. If you go off of impresions alone vs. actually spending time there or even amongst those who live there it might be more valid.

My aunt lives on Muai. I have visited a couple of times. I like it and I wouldn't mind living there...for awhile. Sooner or later you have to go into work to pay the bills, got to the store for food, drive your car in rush hour traffic, etc. She is trying to get her home loan modified so she can sell her place and move to Molokai.

As for California...there are some parts I wouldn't live in unless I was getting paid close to a million a year. Others I would be happy on less than half of what I make now. I suspect most people when they hear "California" they think "Los Angeles." While a lot of the state's population might live in the greater L.A. area it is still a small part of the state. The north coast and north end of the Central Valley are amazing. The Sierras are always a crowd pleaser. Those two are pretty conservative too. The Central Coast from Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara is very nice too. Morro Bay is really nice. A little more liberal than other places but it is hardly LA/SF levels.

5. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Can you explain #3 though? I agree with the OP, how does Tennessee make #3 for real or for impressions? :faint:

6. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

Jan 25, 2008
    New England
    Interesting. I guess people have their varied reasons for voting but when I think of Hawaii it conjures images of beautiful beaches offset by a stratospheric cost of living and I'm pretty sure a gun-friendliness rating somewhere around MA's.

7. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Sep 25, 2001
    That's the last time I vote favorably for the rest of you schmucks. :rant:

Sincerely,

Utah

8. Ati058

Ati058

Mar 29, 2009
    So… this is as good as it get?

Okay then, one less thing…

One Party rule for 44 of the last 52 years… Conservative Democrats who have forgotten the past hardships of their parents under the rule of an elitist statist Government, continue to vote by rote blind loyalties…

:dunno:

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Kentucky did OK - in the top quarter. New Jersey, Illinois and California at the bottom makes perfect sense (I'd swap New Jersey and California). I'd have also put hawaii much, much farther toward the bottom, but I guess my priorities are different than the average tourist. But how is Louisiana so far down? Did people just realize it's 60% crack den after seeing the Katrina coverage? The other 40% of it is pretty cool.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  10. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

Feb 24, 2000
    Richmond, Virginia
    "how does Tennessee make #3"

Clearly there are a lot of country music fans. You know, Nashville, Jack Daniel's, etc.

11. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    Yeah. What did we do?

12. oceanwarrior

oceanwarrior

Jan 13, 2004
    Hawaii
    Unfortunately,Hawaii is also full of Californians that want to impose THEIR vision of Paradise on us that were born and raised here!!

I am so tired of hearing"Back where I came from,we-----"
    from all the tree-huggers and libtards moving to Hawaii.

By the way,our gun laws aren't bad compared to some other states.

'Californicated"IS a real term,them mainlanders will screw you fairly,unfairly,legally,and by any means possible if you let your guard down.

oceanwarrior

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I'm not a huge Tennessee fan, but having been around I can understand it ranking pretty high. If you don't get it, you haven't seen much beyond the interstates passing through (and even that's pretty nice).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  14. They do it everywhere they go. Literally. They've ruined Oregon, Wash State, Denver, Nashville, Austin, Tulsa, Taos and Sante Fe.

They're like fleas. Once they get in your house you can't get rid of them.

I'm surprised kalifornia ranked as high as it did.

15. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

May 22, 2010
    East TN
    Tennessee? Well lets see. No state income tax. Mild winters, beautiful during fall and spring. Friendly people. Low cost of living. Most of East TN is beautiful with moutains and lakes throughout.

Ya it does sound pretty horrible. I'm not saying it's the best place to live in the U.S. but I agree with number 3 :supergrin:

16. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    I notice you didn't mention Memphis. :whistling:

If you could annex that to Arkansas I would move back.

17. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Normal people in New Mexico despise Californicators. I mean, they really hate them.

18. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

May 22, 2010
    East TN
    Trust me we've tried. But seriously though, you avoid an entire state because of one city? Doesn't seem very rational.:dunno: