close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Americans Are the Most Spied-On People in World History

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    <GT> "If you aren't engaged in criminal activities then you have nothing to be concerned about."</GT>

2. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    Hard to believe, what with england and their electric eye everywhere on the streets....

3. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    I know. Hard to believe. Especially for those with experience with communist regimes. But...paranoia is common among dopers. :smoking:

4. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    I don't know who or what lewrockwell.com is, but be careful not to become like most people, who get so bent in one direction that they can only listen to what the side they're bent towards says. People who listen and believe everything Rush, Mathews, Levin, or Maddow say.

I'm only saying this because I've seen this site pop up a couple times in the last few days.

What they're saying might be true, or not. :dunno:

:wavey:

5. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    Take 5 minutes and have a look..

6. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the home page out, and it looks like there might be some interesting articles.

:wavey:

7. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Mostly a propaganda site for Paulatarianism.

8. 9jeeps

9jeeps Still Jeepin

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    Seems to me those who are raised with God watching their every word and move are less inclined to be paranoid about cameras than non-God people.

9. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    Maybe it is. :dunno: There aren't many (enough) of those to balance all the Republican/Democrat propaganda sources. :tongueout:

10. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    We may have the most people, but I would have guessed England was the most spied upon.

11. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    God isn't going to swoop in on you with 150 JBT's, black helicopters and APC's.

12. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    If this was the Religious Forums, I'd ask why God would watch his every word and move, but not yours. :dunno:

13. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Feb 3, 2008
    Dixie
    Like what recently happened in Maryland.

Lots of shaved heads, Oakley's, and XL tactical pants.

14. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    :laughabove:

I gotta tell ya, I see it more and more. Is it like in the code of conduct or something? Shaved head.... check. Oakley's.... check. Tacticool pants........ check. Intimidation factor perhaps? Just following the crowd?

15. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    I'm outta the loop on that one. Do you have a link to that story?

16. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    those arent the guys spieing on you, youll never see those guys.

17. CanMan

CanMan Silver Member

Jun 15, 2012
    in flagrante
    My dogs both had to be 'chipped' when I got 'em. Darn, now I know where the information feed is. No wonder they look at me suspiciously!

18. barbedwiresmile

Feb 3, 2008
    Dixie
    Ruble forwarded me the link but I didn't save it. Perhaps he will be kind enough to post it.

19. barbedwiresmile

Feb 3, 2008
    Dixie
    I was referring to when the raid occurs. The guys spying think they're doing a great service to their country, like the 'conservative's' here on GT. Amazing how twisted things can get after only 230 or so years.

The Stasi comparison in the article is apt. Since we don't have quite the same informant culture as the DDR, I guess we need a more robust domestic spying apparatus. The two states, however, behave in remarkably similar ways. Ours is just more efficient at extracting the wealth of it's subjects, and of course ours has had more staying power (having lasted since 1913). The definition of a state, however, holds true in both examples.