close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

American Community Survey

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by jeanderson, Dec 12, 2012.

1. jeanderson

jeanderson
    Expand Collapse
    Toga!... Toga!
    Platinum Member

A planet with no sign of intelligent life
    Anyone else here receive the American Community Survey from the census bureau?

I didn't even know what the ACS was until mailed to me 2 months ago. It's a 28-page detailed survey with questions like how much you make, how big is your house, how many toilets do you have, how much electricity and gas you use, etc. A lot of information the government has no f**'n business knowing. So I said, "screw 'em", I ain't telling them anything.

I got a second survey sent to me last month. Again, I did nothing. Yesterday, I got a postcard that said I needed to send in the survey and was compelled by law to do so, with the warning in bold and a reference to the applicable law. So I looked it up (Section 221, Title 13 Chapter 7 USC):
    Nice huh? You've got to tell them everything they want to know and you can't lie about it either.

What the hell is happening to this country??? I'm still not going to answer the damn thing. Let 'em come to my door and try and pry the answers out of me. Screw 'em. :steamed:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Atlas

Atlas
    Expand Collapse
    transmogrifier

Been discussed here many times.

3. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman
    Expand Collapse

Believe it or not they will actually show up. Atleast they did at my house a few years ago when I got the same survey...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. jeanderson

jeanderson
    Expand Collapse
    Toga!... Toga!
    Platinum Member

A planet with no sign of intelligent life
    Did they "serve you" with another survey, or just stand there and ask you all the questions?

Either way, I say fine. Let 'em come to my door. I'll make this as much trouble for them that I can.

5. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman
    Expand Collapse

they sent a few surveys, and then a while later some kid shows up and asked us to complete the survey while hand delivering it. Probably to confirm that we got it. I then filled it out and gave it back to him. I'm not sure how accurate I filled it out though....lol

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. blkpag1

blkpag1
    Expand Collapse

I received one about 2 years ago and then got the reminder postcard with a contact number. So, I called and told them I would not send it back. they said that I could be fined and I said to fine me. Never heard from them again. I checked into it and could not find any instance that someone received a fine for not filling it out.