close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ameri-Glo Classic vs Meprolights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Concealed30, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Concealed30

Concealed30

May 13, 2009
    Tampa,Florida
    I am not sure which Night Sites to get, I have ruled out the Trijicon due to the fact that bore cleaner can take the white outline off around the tritum rod. I know that Mepros do not have this problem, I am not sure if the classic ameriglos do (Model GL113) .... Can any fellow glockers offer some insight to me on this matter? Thanks to anyone who replys, Concealed 30
    BTW- They are for my BU carry piece (G27)....Thanks

2. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    To my knowledge, AmeriGlo uses Trijicon lamps and white PVC (plastic) O-rings as sight markers. So, the downside = 0.

The Meprolights (also excellent) that I have owned and tried tend to have a wider front sight blade to rear notch aspect, than do the Trijicons.

To be fair, the Trijicons on my wife's G19 have held up just fine. But I never use harsh solvents on any of our gun sights...

Note: Use of a silicone gun cloth after thorough cleaning and drying, leaves a fine film that acts as a dirt-release for subsequent cleanings.

--Ray

3. Concealed30

Concealed30

May 13, 2009
    Tampa,Florida
    Thanks Ray once again for your sight knowlege, I have a local shop (www.srtdirect.com) who stocks the Ameriglo but is not a mepro dealer. There is a show in Tampa this weekend and my Glock guy always has Mepros there, $85.00 w/tax, SO im gonna go to my local shop and look at the Ameriglos, The mepros I beleive also use PVC around the tritum rod if I remember correctly...

4. Concealed30

Concealed30

May 13, 2009
    Tampa,Florida
    Ended up Picking up another set of Mepros, I fiqure if it aint broke, dont fix it. The ones on my G19 have been perfect since day 1 (that was about 6yrs ago) so I made my way to the Tampa gun show today. Was also able to pick up a box of Ranger 180 Grain JHP's for my .40 today to, the price was right so I grabbed a box...........Concealed30

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  5. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy

Jul 16, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    I'll be picking up some Orange/Green Ameriglo's from srtdirect $85+tax installed is what they told me. Lot's of great stuff there.

Was at the Tampa Gun show today, bought some targets and a Fenix flashlight.

6. chad1972

chad1972

Apr 25, 2010
    florida
    where is srtdirect? I am also wanting a set of orange/ green for my 19

7. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy

Jul 16, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
  8. Concealed30

Concealed30

May 13, 2009
    Tampa,Florida
    On Ulmerton and 49th St. about 5 blocks north of Pinellas County Correctional Facility (County Jail) If your going S. on 49th St. I am in there a few days a week. Dave is the name of the Gunsmith at the shop. He will put your sights on for free, at least he used to. I dont wanna be wrong there so maybe call and ask for him. Hes a super nice guy, has always done me right....... Yeah, the show was not overcrowded I had a good time. Next time theres one in Tampa I will start a post in the Florida Glockers where you live section and see if any GT people wanna meet face to face. I always enjoy meeting people I speak with here:supergrin:......Concealed30

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010