Ambulance gets "booted" while on call

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Tvov, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Tvov

Things that make you go, "hmmm".

http://www.wwltv.com/news/eyewitnes...ted-while-tending-to-emergency-181631351.html

NEW ORLEANS - The Quicky's convenience store in Mid-City takes its parking lot rules seriously. Very seriously.

About 4 p.m. Friday, New Orleans paramedics rushed inside the store for a man with a life-threatening medical issue.

They worked on the patient with chest pain, put him inside the vehicle, then started to speed off.

The paramedics “heard a loud noise,” and the vehicle came to a screeching halt, according to Jeb Tate, spokesman for New Orleans Emergency Medical Services.

The medics stepped out and found a boot on their ambulance.

Convenience store employees allegedly put a restrictive parking boot on the ambulance. And now it was stuck.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    CA city residents rally to fight against an armored ambulance Cop Talk Jan 15, 2015
    DC Cops refuse to let 9yr old gun shot victim get in ambulance Cop Talk Oct 29, 2014
    Competition for fastest "ambulance" Firefighter/EMS Talk Oct 15, 2014
    WV Ambulance Wreck Firefighter/EMS Talk Sep 23, 2014
    The Fastest Ambulance? A Motorcycle. Firefighter/EMS Talk Aug 31, 2014

3. They were in the store ON A CALL? damn that's some pretty stupid thinking from the employee. Hell, the stores here don't care if we park weird even if we are just running in for a drink. I'd love to see what happened there... Sucks it delayed definitive care though.

4. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

5. Did the greeter check the paramedics' receipt as they walked out of the store with the stretcher?

6. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

Not funny.'08 :upeyes:

7. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

that's ****ed up!

8. Someone needs to get fired over that one, and it's time like this that I think lawsuits should be brought. Not against the ambulance company mind you, but the man who was being treated should sue not only the company, but the person who physically put the boot on the ambulance and the person who authorized the boot to be put there.

The sign clearly says that your car will be booted if you leave the property, and they never left the property. That, and it should be common sense that if an ambulance has it's lights on, and they're inside treating a guy, then they're going to need to leave quickly. Putting a boot on their ambulance is such a dumbass thing to do, I honestly can't believe they did it.

Really hope they get fired and sued, they deserve it for that one.

9. Lights on, lights off it does not matter. Obviously it is an emergency vehicle that should not be booted. I assume it was running too. Ambulances usually are when medics are treating a patient even if they are are away from the vehicle.

10. janice6

Platinum Member

I bet he really wanted to go through the patients pockets to see if he was stealing and using the emergency as an excuse to get out of the store.

TSA material.

11. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

New Mexico is the land of manana. I don't think they care if ANYONE parks weird over here. :supergrin:

12. Lol you might have a good point

sent from my left big toe

13. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

14. We get parking tickets all the time but a boot is a bit much. We can be parked at a code with lights going and get a ticket, 99 % of the time it has no weight and is thrown out but I have had to pay out of pocket for them.

Austin via o hub

15. Austin, Where do you work? You have to be kidding.

16. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

I'm guessing the store employee is a few rounds short of a full clip (or magazine).:rofl:

17. Tvov

18. There is no justification for stupid people!

19. "Quicky's parking lot is private property. The city Code says private companies are allowed to boot, but they must be licensed with the city, they can only charge a maximum of $90 to remove the boot. Quicky's signs say they're charging at least $115."

Sounds like someone needs to do some investigating and get them to stop this foolishness.

20. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Are there no criminal charges other than property damage that can be filed? This would seem to come under the "Obstructing Governmental Operations" statute in KY.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/519-00/020.PDF