close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Am I the only one that doesn't want a Shield?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by J.Kill, May 14, 2012.

1. J.Kill

J.Kill
    Expand Collapse

I checked one out at my local shop... I didn't like the way it felt...at all.

Am I the only one?:whistling:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. travis34769

travis34769
    Expand Collapse

Yes you are.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

It's ok. No one likes every gun. But in this case you're just a weirdo :tongueout:

#3 cowboy1964, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  4. FL Airedale

FL Airedale
    Expand Collapse
    Dog Breath

I'm a weirdo too. I have nothing against the shield. I just don't want one bad enough to actually pay for it.

My G26 is compact enough.

If someone decides to give me a shield, I won't turn it down. :winkie:

5. rilkil23

rilkil23
    Expand Collapse

I saw one and the buyer let me hold it. I was impressed though I didn't pull the trigger since it didn't belong to me. I am content with my LC9 and it has served me well, that is what I keep telling myself anyways................ The Shield seems like a really nice gun but I don't want to keep chasing the latest and greatest in the world of single stack guns. I have told myself I don't like it so that is my story.

6. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

No interest.

7. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

I never handled one, but I have no desire to pick one up. Its just not my thing.

I do like the standard M&P line.

8. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

I ask before dry firing a weapon I'm interested in. But most modern firearms can safely be dry fired.

I try not to dry fire .22s. I was taught: "The reason is due to the design of rimfire chamber. When a rimfire firearm is dry fired, the striker hits the outside mouth of the chamber instead of the soft brass rim of the cartridge. This can not only damage or destroy your firing pin, but over time will peen the barrel face."

#8 concretefuzzynuts, May 14, 2012
  9. rilkil23

rilkil23
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your kind words. I grew up with two fantastic fathers and a wonderful mother. My stepdad was my source of knowledge when it came to social grace and my biological father taught me not to mess with another mans belongings. We had a 1967 Corvette in the garage and it was understood that no one will enter the garage without asking permission. My mom would help me and my brother get our bikes out in the morning to avoid scratching the "Red Beast". I took typing on an old school typerwriter and it was mandatory to pass the class to be allowed to move on to high school. I guess the proper way to space when typing stuck with me. Good times.

10. oldman11

oldman11
    Expand Collapse

Each gun has advantages and disadvantages. Glock 26 has 10 round mag (advantage), it is however 1.13 inches wide, same as a G33. S&W Shield has a 6 round mag (disadvantage) it is .95 inches wide (a little easier to hide). Ruger LC9 has a 6 round mag (disadvantage) it is .90 inches wide ( a little better advantage). All three are good choices; it really depends on which is easy carry and which one you shoot the best. There is no good or bad; right or wrong.

11. JK-linux

JK-linux
    Expand Collapse

#11 JK-linux, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  12. jb1911

jb1911
    Expand Collapse

I have a G26 and a Nano. I don't need or want a Shield.

13. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin
    Expand Collapse
    JMB & MTK

When I first handled one, it felt good and seemed solid. It wasn't until I rented and shot it did I want one. I went from the range to the counter to have my name added on the waiting list. Much better ergos and shootability over the G26, XDsc, PF9 and PX4sc I've owned.

#13 Nakanokalronin, May 14, 2012
  14. GlockPride

GlockPride
    Expand Collapse
    Glock 23

I'm not interested. I have two 9c and a 9L. So, of course, I had to check it out. Went down to a smal local gun shop and fondled. It just didn't work for me. So, I left it there for the next man with money.

15. agrech

agrech
    Expand Collapse

I'd like a shield, but won't get one. My reason? The trigger, it's horrible. I like how the gun feels and even like how it looks (I'm one THOSE guys). But that trigger is awful. Seems to be a trend in every S&W I've tried

16. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

Yeah... I deleted the part about double spacing after a period. I realized that if a person sees your post they wouldn't know you did this correct typing practice because the computer automatically spaces all "spaces" after periods. Only if you "quote" from somebody's post does it show up. But the complement still stands. Old school typing techniques are: double space behind a period. You rock!

17. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

Yes, afraid so. You are a freak :rofl:

18. Roger G23

Roger G23
    Expand Collapse
    Glock Guy

I figure if I dig my PPS...the Shield's gonna be even better ergoes for a slim single stacker.

19. fowler

fowler
    Expand Collapse

I like there wheelguns without the lock, but there autos I would not own one. I like the Glock not the SW crap.

20. Veedubklown

Veedubklown
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I still really like the diamondback DB9, and I don't care if people say they get bad reviews, I'm convinced I could make one run if the price was cheap enough.